Made it!!!

Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:29 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Pollster.

Hope you enjoy yourselfs

You mentioned your pants first
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:45 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of things I forgot....

Hi Pollster,
Glad to hear you arrived safely and are starting to settle in.

Regarding your mobile it might be worthwhile phoning back to your service provider in england and explaining the situation and asking if they can help. They will still have your IMEI number on file and could possible (for a small fee) post the unlock code to your NZ address. (Alternatively if its a Motorola phone you have PM me and I'll see what I can do for you)

Mairi

Originally posted by Pollster
We have realised that we forgot to unlock our mobiles before we left the UK so will have to buy new ones - apparently Vodafone is the only service provider out here except Telecom - which have crap coverage and you can't take them abroad. Bit annoyed about that as I have a VERY swish mobile from home but hubby is insisting I get a cheapie one out here as cash is tight to start with .
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:58 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

All good news Poll. Stay this happy forever.

Sarah
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Great to hear your news Pollster - Sit back and enjoy a drink or two, or three, or four or ................
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Pollster - you lucky girl. Sounds like you are having a fab time already (except for your mum).

Keep us informed. Funny though when we were on Singapore - we were at the front of the plane and we we frozen all they way there - it was like sitting in a freezer
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:36 am
Go Banana's !!

Oh Pollster I'm so happy for you.........and sad for me as a tear rolls down my cheek I sit here so wishing it was us.......

Talking to Warren last night, I said, "I just so want this to start for us, even if we find it a bit crappy , at least we have started the adventure and the quicker we get over the crap"

Soooooo pleased you got back on line sooooooo quickly.
Hope you stay really, really happy and looking forward to the rest of your posts.

Best Wishes

Jill and Warren

Perth 2004

Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pollster.
glad to hear you have arrived safely. shame your mum didn't listen to you.
have you thought about unlocking your phone remotely.
on ebay you can buy software to unlock phones. a lot of them are going for about £1.50. they then e-mail the software to you. not tried it yet, but can't see you would have much to lose. or couldn't you get your phone unlocked over there.
look forward to hearing more from you.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:38 am
earlswood

Default Re: Made it!!!

Just a quickie to let you guys know we made it OK - loving it already despite the fact that Mum has turned up!!

Shall do a big newsy ( and hopefully helpful) post when we get the laptop connected to the information super highway.

Great to know you made it OK

Look forward to the newsy take care

Anita x

Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:48 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have dial-up!!

And - in what is the fastest time in BE history - I have the laptop connected online and am now writing this to you watching the surf thundering into Oakura beach!!!

Right then.......

The flight - Singapore Airlines - as good as ever - but boiling hot during the first leg and I am always cold on flights - it seems the further forward of the aircraft you are, the warmer it is. We moved 10 rows back for the second leg and it was appreciatively cooler there - much more pleasant - so a little tip there!!

There were loads of babies on the flight but no throttling was required as they all behaved themselves impeccably!

Missed our domestic connection at Auckland due to an hours delay at Singapore (no reason given - it was like being on the Tube!) but that was OK as my sister and her little boy had turned up to surprise us with a big welcome to NZ! Managed to get on the next flight to New Plymouth where Cathy - the woman from NPDC - was waiting to greet us along with my bloody mother who - despite being told quite firmly that she was NOT to come down until invited - has been in New Plymouth for a week and is now bending our ears about where we should live, eat, shop, go etc etc - all very nice of her but her idea of what we should do is often VERY different to ours and we would have liked to be discovering things for ourselves but hey - I digress.

Cathy took us to the house they have rented for three weeks for us - 500 yards from the beach, three bedrooms, deck, barbie, washing machine, dishwasher, a fridge full of food, phone line etc etc and gave us the keys to her car which we are apparently to borrow for the next few weeks until we get our own. (and try saying No - she gets quite aggressively insistent in a nice way of course!!)

There was a MASSIVE bouquet of flowers on the table and a bottle of champers in the fridge and frankly we couldn't have felt more welcome - we have soooooooo fallen on our feet.

Had a bit of a wander around the town this morning - seems a really nice place - people are really friendly - and overall we think ( on the basis of a jetlagged morning) we are going to be happy here ( rose tints firmly in place)

Been to Pak n Save for some groceries - didn't seem that cheap really- about on a par with the UK for the things we bought - but intend to try New World a bit further up the road on Monday for a big shop. Shall keep receipts and do a run down if anyone is interested.

And that is about it for now.

Monday is set up a bank account, start looking at rental properties ready for the when the dog comes out ( they won't allow her in this house as they have just had new carpets installed which is a shame) and buy my Toyota Hilux Surf that I want ( and I shall insist on calling it a ute although I am aware it isn't one technically) so shall have more info about prices etc then.

Shall also contact a couple of people I have met online for beers next week so shall start making some friends!!

So that is the news from the Pollsters so far!!!

well poll certainly looks like you`ve got your self well and truly organised on arrival! you can`t count on everything though can you! hi mum
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:00 am
WBB

good on ya pollster, enjoy.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Wehey!! What a welcome! wouldn't it be great if that was the standard for new immigrants! Its just what you need when you've just arrived and in a totally new situation (not to mention after the long journey).

Oakura's nice, isnt it? apparently Tom Cruise raved about the fush n Chups there (but i guess if you've spoken to any locals they'll have told you that already!)

Have a fantastic time settling in - I'm soooo jealous it's not us for a long time, so you'll have to post every detail so I can live the dream vicariously through you!

If you're ever driving further south on the surf highway, you could keep your eyes open for our house (it's about the same distance from Oakura as Oakura is from NP) It's the big brick n tile on the right hand side opposite the church in Pungarehu - and wave to it for me

good on ya pollster!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, that was quick! Good one, sounds like most things are going to plan!!

Have fun!

Old Feb 21st 2004, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Pollster

Glad everything is going well for you and yours - good luck for the future - hope your doggie settles in well!!!!

As always best of luck for the future..

I know I dont post much but you have had kind words for me in the past..

Thanks alot

Kath & Gang
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

We have realised that we forgot to unlock our mobiles before we left the UK so will have to buy new ones
Why can't you get them unlocked in NZ? I don't think it's a peculiarly British skill.

Good luck!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:07 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Hi Pollster,
Glad to hear you arrived safely and are starting to settle in.

Regarding your mobile it might be worthwhile phoning back to your service provider in england and explaining the situation and asking if they can help. They will still have your IMEI number on file and could possible (for a small fee) post the unlock code to your NZ address. (Alternatively if its a Motorola phone you have PM me and I'll see what I can do for you)

Mairi

Hi Mairi

The chappie at the Vodaphone shop said they would need proof of purchase to be able to unlock it from there but I might give it a try - and unfortunatly we are not Motorola but thanks for the help anyway!

Sofistek - apparently they can only be done in the country of origin and bazfer - good idea - hubby is a eBay fiend so I might get him working on that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.