British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mad drivers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mad-drivers-251588/)

robertd Aug 29th 2004 9:55 am

Mad drivers

Not wanting to start a forum row, but hopefully its not just me who is FED UP with the mad and dangerous drivers that seem to appear from every street everytime it rains. I lie in bed at night hoping that some mad bast...d doesnt come through our lounge room window as he/she hoons around the road thinking they are on the Indi track. I have never seen so many bouquets of flowers placed at the sides of roads in memory of those who have met their match. Wot is it that makes them all come out after the rain. The roads are so slippery, do they have a death wish or something. Finished moaning for tonight, regards Louisa

anzen12 Aug 29th 2004 9:59 am

Re: Mad drivers

Maybe it is the sheer excitement of seeing rain.

Pollyana Aug 29th 2004 10:04 am

Originally Posted by anzen12
Maybe it is the sheer excitement of seeing rain.

There are Queenslanders that I know that won't drive at all in the rain - whe it rains, they flee for home as fast as possible! Must be because its so unusual......

Quinkana Aug 29th 2004 10:12 am

Originally Posted by robertd
Not wanting to start a forum row, but hopefully its not just me who is FED UP with the mad and dangerous drivers that seem to appear from every street everytime it rains. I lie in bed at night hoping that some mad bast...d doesnt come through our lounge room window as he/she hoons around the road thinking they are on the Indi track. I have never seen so many bouquets of flowers placed at the sides of roads in memory of those who have met their match. Wot is it that makes them all come out after the rain. The roads are so slippery, do they have a death wish or something. Finished moaning for tonight, regards Louisa

QLD GOVT INTRODUCES CAR CONFISCATION LAWS TO DETER HOONING IN BAYSIDE

Quinkana Aug 29th 2004 10:20 am

Advice for Sprogs: How to do Burnouts and other Cool Stuff and Not Get Gaught

Slater Aug 29th 2004 10:28 am

Originally Posted by robertd

What are you on about, it hasn't rained in Robina for at least 4 months, unless you are talking about the shower we had a couple of weeks ago, and that was in the morning! They let young kids here drive around in 5.7 litre ute's, bet they don't have insurance premiums like the UK. What I'd like to know is why do all aussies stop at roundabouts when there is clearly no one coming, it drives me mad, I'd like to see Aussies drivers at Hyde Park corner or the Champs Elysee.

Slater

Trevglas Aug 29th 2004 10:32 am

We were renting a place in Oxenford, and just across the road was a school. Outside the school was a speed bump with a zebra crossing painted on top of it.

Any time it rained out came the dickheads who thought the world would be impressed that they could spin the wheels on their V8 Commodores on the white strips! Jesus, I could do that with my pushbike back in England

babybella Aug 29th 2004 8:57 pm

Just come back from a trip to Italy, now they really have to be the worst drivers in the world!
what an indicator - what is that for!!

Kaz

joninoxford Aug 29th 2004 10:07 pm

Its the pick up trucks (utes) and commercial vehicles that seem the worst. The bigger the bull bar the bigger the ego behind the wheel, and they seem to enjoy tailgating and overtaking on blind bends on the Bruce highway. Lets hope bull bars are banned for all but farmers and those that can prove they really need them (<1%).

Siren & Brian Aug 29th 2004 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by joninoxford
Its the pick up trucks (utes) and commercial vehicles that seem the worst. The bigger the bull bar the bigger the ego behind the wheel, and they seem to enjoy tailgating and overtaking on blind bends on the Bruce highway. Lets hope bull bars are banned for all but farmers and those that can prove they really need them (<1%).

hahahah you havent driven in the country much huh??? everyone needs them when confronting kangaroos at 110km/h

Wol Aug 30th 2004 7:52 am

Originally Posted by joninoxford

I remember 15 years ago that banning bullbars was a hot issue - together w
ith Badgerey's Creek and the Manly sewage outfall!

robertd Aug 30th 2004 10:38 am

Dear Slater,
Where were you on saturday night when the heavens opened and it RAINED. I was in Robina, obviously you were somewhere else.!!!!!!! Louisa