Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mackay - Queensland

Mackay - Queensland

Old Oct 31st 2005, 5:42 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Default Mackay - Queensland

Does anyone live or has stayed in Mackay Queensland? Would appreciate
objective comments as a place for active retiree 410 holders.

The Brains
Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:50 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mackay - Queensland

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Does anyone live or has stayed in Mackay Queensland? Would appreciate
objective comments as a place for active retiree 410 holders.

The Brains
Hi

We had a holiday booked in Mackay for last week, when they got there the hotellier had given our room to somebody else......they were the most unco-operative rude people I have ever met. We had been for a drive around Mackay and were not really impressed by it...it seemed to be very dirty and quite run down but then it is a city!!!! The new multi million dollar marina...is all those high rise BRIGHT coloured boxes and I wasnt impressed with it either. These are just my first impressions...I didnt like it but we didnt stay that long to explore. I have been told that Airlie Beach slightly North of Mackay is very nice.

Where we live 4 hours drive South of Mackay is a lovely spot....and there are many many retirees here. It has a small town feeling and is right on the beach, if you want more info then pm me.

Gladstone and Tannum Sands are another option
Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:42 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Mackay - Queensland

i agree with these comments about mackay. i was glad to leave (although it's not as bad as rockhampton).

anyway, be careful of airlie beach, it's usually overrun by backpackers!!

Originally Posted by biggy
Hi

We had a holiday booked in Mackay for last week, when they got there the hotellier had given our room to somebody else......they were the most unco-operative rude people I have ever met. We had been for a drive around Mackay and were not really impressed by it...it seemed to be very dirty and quite run down but then it is a city!!!! The new multi million dollar marina...is all those high rise BRIGHT coloured boxes and I wasnt impressed with it either. These are just my first impressions...I didnt like it but we didnt stay that long to explore. I have been told that Airlie Beach slightly North of Mackay is very nice.

Where we live 4 hours drive South of Mackay is a lovely spot....and there are many many retirees here. It has a small town feeling and is right on the beach, if you want more info then pm me.

Gladstone and Tannum Sands are another option