Mackay

Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

cazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nice
Default Mackay

Hi there we have moved from Canberra to Mackay, would like to hear from any one living in Mackay! Only been here 3 weeks so very new to the area
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mackay

I'm moving there in 2 months so am interested too. I have been advised to live out of town due to horrendous rents there. I'm looking at cannonvale/airlie beach, but they are 100km away.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:02 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

I do FIFO to Mackay.. rents are up there i ended up renting at Serina beach and share with 2 others we pay $850 a week.

Mackay pretty much has every thing you need at i slightly raised price compared with Brizzy. Its ment to be pretty clicky with the non locals Vs locals but i haven't experienced it myself
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:24 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

there is a facebook group page - 'who's moved or moving to Mackay' .

I'm in Mackay in the marina on our yacht so we don't have the accommodation issue. Happy to have a a few drinks anytime.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer

I'm in Mackay in the marina on our yacht so we don't have the accommodation issue. Happy to have a a few drinks anytime.
I couldnt find that page Turban.. Will look again though.

Edit - Found it on computer, couldnt find it on my phone. DOh!!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 10:47 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I couldnt find that page Turban.. Will look again though.

Edit - Found it on computer, couldnt find it on my phone. DOh!!
can you join ? or do you need to request to join? It's quite a handy little page.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

can you join ? or do you need to request to join? It's quite a handy little page.
I requested to join.. Hopefully I will get accepted!!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I requested to join.. Hopefully I will get accepted!!
Are you having a container of stuff sent over by any chance?
Old Feb 8th 2012, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you having a container of stuff sent over by any chance?
Just me and my bags to start!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

kevzone will become famous soon enough

I'm in Townsville but thinking of moving to Mackay this year.....

Townsville also has that local/non local click mentality, does Mackay suffer bad from the "Cashed up bogan syndrome"?

Cheers.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kevzone
I'm in Townsville but thinking of moving to Mackay this year.....

Townsville also has that local/non local click mentality, does Mackay suffer bad from the "Cashed up bogan syndrome"?

Cheers.
Very much so. Not necessarily a bad thing - but it's strange seeing guys that look like extras from Mad Max pull out a platinum amex and spank $500 on dinner.

Unless you're moving for big bucks I'd think seriously. Mackay is expensive compared to T-ville.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Very much so. Not necessarily a bad thing - but it's strange seeing guys that look like extras from Mad Max pull out a platinum amex and spank $500 on dinner.

Unless you're moving for big bucks I'd think seriously. Mackay is expensive compared to T-ville.

What's your restaurant Turban? And do you offer the BE friends discount??