Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ma first Mully !!! (for the fishos)

Ma first Mully !!! (for the fishos)

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:20 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Ma first Mully !!! (for the fishos)

Just thought i would share this with any of the fisho's on here....

I caught my first Mulloway!!! (Jewfish)

Not a huge fish at 8 kilos, but by eck it went like the clappers. Love catching somthing new

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:32 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

So where the pic!?!?!?! You could tell us anything, you're a fisherman, we need proof!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:33 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

erkkkkkkk I just realised, I broke the 2000 mark :scared:
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ma first Mully !!! (for the fishos)

Originally posted by PeteY

Not a huge fish at 8 kilos, but by eck it went like the clappers. Love catching somthing new

How do you know it was a jewfish ?
was it wearing a kippot ?
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:40 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Bix
How do you know it was a jewfish ?
was it wearing a kippot ?
lol very good

Mrs D!!! No pix i am afraid...i did'nt have a camera and i released him to swim another day. It was quite funny actually.....i was fishing from a jetty and had forgotten my net. When i hooked up the other 2 guys on the jetty came over for a look and one said he would help me run it up onto the bank. He jumped off of the jetty and ended up standing there up to his hips in thick gooey mud!!!! Not sure if he was too pleased he helped after that!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

lol very good

Mrs D!!! No pix i am afraid...i did'nt have a camera and i released him to swim another day. It was quite funny actually.....i was fishing from a jetty and had forgotten my net. When i hooked up the other 2 guys on the jetty came over for a look and one said he would help me run it up onto the bank. He jumped off of the jetty and ended up standing there up to his hips in thick gooey mud!!!! Not sure if he was too pleased he helped after that!
You caught that from a JETTY?!?!?! I think we will have to come visit sometime soon - I always did like Mt Gambier.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:52 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
You caught that from a JETTY?!?!?!
Where did you think he would be fishing ?
Off a panda crossing or something ?
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:53 pm
A Male Member

Certainly did

The wife does'nt let me go out in the boat on my own (awww, she cares!! ) so as i had the day off i went and sat on a jetty for a few hours. Caught 2 mullys, first was 8 kilo which i released, second was 4.5 kg which was dinner. Here is a pic of the second (taken at home).

The fishing down this way is absolutly amazing. Best i have ever experienced (and i have fished extensively worldwide....).
Attached Thumbnails Ma first Mully !!!  (for the fishos)-mully.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:55 pm
A Male Member

This was the scene
Attached Thumbnails Ma first Mully !!!  (for the fishos)-jetty.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

i would love to get into fishing, but i don't like the idea of pulling hooks out of theeir mouths

Like the result though! Bet it tasted yummy pete?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:04 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by hevs
i would love to get into fishing, but i don't like the idea of pulling hooks out of theeir mouths

Like the result though! Bet it tasted yummy pete?
Was very nice MIL certainly knows how to cook fish! It was a bit like whiting, but the meat was a bit crumblier.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I saw the heading of the post & thought you had grown your first Mullet. Now that would be taking Moving to Oz to far.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 7:02 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Great catch. The first thing to be packed is our rods, lol. Until I met Andrew I hadn't fished for years and got really pissy when he spent the whole of a weekend away fishing so I thought if I can't beat him..... then I remember why I liked it. I'm a wimp though, only fair weather fishing for me.

Happy Catching

Sarah
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Fishing is my obsession and I was a bit bothered about what it is like in SA.Where I go to depends on the fishing seriously!

I'm retiring so I need something worth catching.
That's cheered me up.

G
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly did

The wife does'nt let me go out in the boat on my own (awww, she cares!! ) so as i had the day off i went and sat on a jetty for a few hours. Caught 2 mullys, first was 8 kilo which i released, second was 4.5 kg which was dinner. Here is a pic of the second (taken at home).

The fishing down this way is absolutly amazing. Best i have ever experienced (and i have fished extensively worldwide....).
That fish looks undersize, i have forwarded, the photo to SA Fisheries, we use those for bait at the murray mouth.............. MM