Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

M & S one day sale

M & S one day sale

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:36 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default M & S one day sale

For all you gals still here in Blighty.......M & S have a one day sale today 20% off!!!

Marks & Spencer
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M & S one day sale

Originally Posted by artep
For all you gals still here in Blighty.......M & S have a one day sale today 20% off!!!

Marks & Spencer
They should be cutting 20% off the size of the underwear not the price.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an aside. They have invented a new term which is 'guerilla sales'. Competition is so fierce in the UK and so many businesses are failing (M&S included) that a lot of them are holding sales like this. They don't announce them until the last moment and they secretly book advertising space (so competitors won't know). I wonder if they will sell undies for guerillas (gorillas)

OzTennis
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:54 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Just as an aside. They have invented a new term which is 'guerilla sales'. Competition is so fierce in the UK and so many businesses are failing (M&S included) that a lot of them are holding sales like this. They don't announce them until the last moment and they secretly book advertising space (so competitors won't know). I wonder if they will sell undies for guerillas (gorillas)

OzTennis
Myers held one the other day in Bondi Junction. Funnily enough 20% off.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:56 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing worth buying in m & s these days is there £25 jeans from the per una range. They are nice and long, and stretchy, so as a size 16 I can fit in a size 14 comfortably!!

havent bought knickers from there for ages........but have to say kids stuff when its reduced is good!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
The only thing worth buying in m & s these days is there £25 jeans from the per una range. They are nice and long, and stretchy, so as a size 16 I can fit in a size 14 comfortably!!
I think all the clothes shops have changed their sizing. I was in Next yesterday, and looked at the size 12 trousers, thought they looked huge so tried on the 10 and they fitted a treat Not complaining, but haven't been a 10 for two children length of time
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:16 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by bondipom
Rebel Sport in the CBD has 25% off ALL its footwear. Unannounced until today (started today till Sunday I think.) Went and bought some new runners and saved myself $45
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Rebel Sport in the CBD has 25% off ALL its footwear. Unannounced until today (started today till Sunday I think.) Went and bought some new runners and saved myself $45
People used to give me puzzled looks here when I asked for runners! They have strange names like trainers and plimsoles.

Myer and Rebel et al are into the guerilla sales!

OzTennis
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:24 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzTennis
People used to give me puzzled looks here when I asked for runners! They have strange names like trainers and plimsoles.

Myer and Rebel et al are into the guerilla sales!

OzTennis

They call them 'sandshoes' here... don't know why, they're not really what you'd want to wear in the sand??!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They call them 'sandshoes' here... don't know why, they're not really what you'd want to wear in the sand??!
In days of old people would wear canvas shoes without socks to the beach so I guess that's where the sandshoes came from (?). Then came the thong (for your feet, not the things that M&S won't sell).

OzTennis
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by artep

Marks & Spencer

had a phone call last night from my FANTASTIC MUM who had been to sale, bought up the whole place, (& underwear - fab) etc etc, went through what I wanted, then was taking the rest back in afternoon and sending it all out to me....bless her heart, needed my transporter for a days shopping with her, can't wait to take her to David Jones in March when she arrives.....

(for all those who don't like shopping...please ignore this post...lol )
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:18 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Swifts
had a phone call last night from my FANTASTIC MUM who had been to sale, bought up the whole place, (& underwear - fab) etc etc, went through what I wanted, then was taking the rest back in afternoon and sending it all out to me....bless her heart, needed my transporter for a days shopping with her, can't wait to take her to David Jones in March when she arrives.....

(for all those who don't like shopping...please ignore this post...lol )

I'm jealous
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

I'm jealous
this will make you even worse......she's in there every day (loves shopping...!!) and also gets bargains for £1- £5!! she's sent out Oliver so many clothes, little tshirts and shorts, plus got me some fab stuff shoes, bags, tops etc - all summer stuff and in colours etc, all very chic....not crappy like the image some people have of it.......anyway her way of spending virtual time with us and keeps her busy, think they will have excess baggage when they visit us
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:59 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Swifts
this will make you even worse......she's in there every day (loves shopping...!!) and also gets bargains for £1- £5!! she's sent out Oliver so many clothes, little tshirts and shorts, plus got me some fab stuff shoes, bags, tops etc - all summer stuff and in colours etc, all very chic....not crappy like the image some people have of it.......anyway her way of spending virtual time with us and keeps her busy, think they will have excess baggage when they visit us

Sounds good to me!! Where I used to live was the M&S outlet... loads of bargains to be had there. In fact, I can't remember the last time I bought something at M&S full price
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

arther is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: M & S one day sale

Originally Posted by bondipom
m & S RFOR OLD BIDS SO I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THE SALES ANYWAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.