Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

M&S coming soon to Sydney?

M&S coming soon to Sydney?

Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:21 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M&S coming soon to Sydney?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I can't pretend to have been a frequent shopper there.
I once bought a cashmere jumper for a girlfriend.
I didn't go to MS much, there were other shops I used. Jesus wept!
Ditto - really don't get the hype. Never been been blown over by the quality of clothes. In fact, I have had to return a few items over the years because of poor quality. Really don't like the choice either and I don't like the website, but that's a personal thing. Oh, a few years ago, they did really nice linen trousers for a couple of years, and at really good prices. But hadn't seen them for the last couple of years.

Best thing foodwise were the prawn and mayo sandwiches. Did buy one of their dinner deals once - for Valentine's I think. Was alright, but nothing to write home about.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 6:34 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

they still do the linen trousers I get them from M&S bluewater when I'm in the UK.

I hate buying online I prefer to try stuff on first
Old Dec 21st 2013, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
they still do the linen trousers I get them from M&S bluewater when I'm in the UK.

I hate buying online I prefer to try stuff on first
Bluewater..now that's a name I haven't heard in a while...

and never want to hear again..

There are legions of people who treat these places as recreation!
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 5:17 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Bluewater..now that's a name I haven't heard in a while...

and never want to hear again..

There are legions of people who treat these places as recreation!

Bluewater!

Sorry - couldn't resist...

S
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

SWMBO preferred C&A undies as the label showed her how to put them on properly.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Never bought M&S food, but did buy bras there. Sadly on my last recent recce to M&S, they didn't have a single bra that fitted or was the sort I was looking for- non wired slightly padded white t-shirt bra, the kind usually sold to early teens with tiny busts. Everything was wired or patterned. How hard can it be to get a plain white bra with no seams??
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259

They may need the extra overseas business if the UK boycott becomes reality.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by berserk
Best make sure you don't buy pork sausages or grog from an M & S based on their new policy.....
Old Dec 25th 2013, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Well that wont happen in Oz. My local liquorland has Moslem staff