Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lurkers Anonymous

Wikiposts

Lurkers Anonymous

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lurkers Anonymous

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
I'm a bit slow tonight Bix

[actually...most nights]
tonight??????? just tonight ha ha ha oh u burst my sides at times lol
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:20 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by soapy
tonight??????? just tonight ha ha ha oh u burst my sides at times lol
NOW you're funny

Take the hour off

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:36 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
NOW you're funny

Take the hour off
oh thanx your feeling a bit kind tonight lol
now i wonder what i shall do with my hour
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:10 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Lurkers Anonymous

Originally Posted by Bix
Is there a town cryer in the house ?

Like this one?

Attached Images  
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:30 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: Lurkers Anonymous

Ho hum ... just lurkin' again an' practisin' my therapy lessons:

RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR INTERNET ADDICTS

I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet.

I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand while typing.

I will get dressed before noon ... if I'm out of bed by then.

I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.

I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.

I will call someone on the phone whom I cannot contact via the Internet.

I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet.

I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check my e-mail.

I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, whether it's necessary or not.

I will remember that my brick and mortar bank is not forgiving and that it usually takes 4 days for my PayPal electronic transfer to register as a deposit to my checking account.

Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ... and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:36 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Ho hum ... just lurkin' again an' practisin' my therapy lessons:

RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR INTERNET ADDICTS

I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet.

I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand while typing.

I will get dressed before noon ... if I'm out of bed by then.

I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.

I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.

I will call someone on the phone whom I cannot contact via the Internet.

I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet.

I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check my e-mail.

I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, whether it's necessary or not.

I will remember that my brick and mortar bank is not forgiving and that it usually takes 4 days for my PayPal electronic transfer to register as a deposit to my checking account.

Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ... and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!

I hide my presence on this forum, so I guess that makes me a serial lurker...

How're you doing Chris?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:54 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I hide my presence on this forum, so I guess that makes me a serial lurker...

How're you doing Chris?
Am doing all right, thanks, Mr Serial Lurker!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:56 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Am doing all right, thanks, Mr Serial Lurker!

Excellent! Right, back to lurking.....
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Right, back to lurking.....
Nothing like a good lurk late at night.......
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nothing like a good lurk late at night.......
Ooo, I love a good lurk...

Doesn't that mean something different in Strine?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Probably, most things do!
My pommy mate and I were having lunch with an Aussie girl at work today, and she (the Aussie) said "Remember those things you used to play with at school, they were called knockers, and you used to wave them around in class, then bang them together......." You can imagine the gales of laughter Think the Brits knew them as "clackers" actually......
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:14 am
Dismembered Bat

Are you two being disgusting? I'm too pure and naive to understand your undertones (sic) here.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:16 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Probably, most things do!
My pommy mate and I were having lunch with an Aussie girl at work today, and she (the Aussie) said "Remember those things you used to play with at school, they were called knockers, and you used to wave them around in class, then bang them together......." You can imagine the gales of laughter Think the Brits knew them as "clackers" actually......
I thought they were conkers?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Are you two being disgusting? I'm too pure and naive to understand your undertones (sic) here.

I thought those dangly things were called knackers, or is that just me?

I think 'Lurk' in Strine is something to do with being dishonest. Anyone got a Strine dictionary?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:20 am
Home and Happy

I thought those dangly things were called knackers, or is that just me?
Not if you're a girl they're not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.