Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

luggage and Transport!

luggage and Transport!

Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:16 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default luggage and Transport!

Hello Friends,
I need an input from you regarding luggage capacity that you can carry in Public travel.
I will be relocating to Sydney(outer suburbs) and would want to take public tranport (bus and train), can anyone guide me on how much weight can I carry in the public transport?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: luggage and Transport!

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Friends,
I need an input from you regarding luggage capacity that you can carry in Public travel.
I will be relocating to Sydney(outer suburbs) and would want to take public tranport (bus and train), can anyone guide me on how much weight can I carry in the public transport?
You can't carry live pigeons or cats (unless they are in a secure cage). You may also have problems if you want to transport fish (if they are in an aquarium)

Hope this helps?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 1:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Friends,
JUST STICK IT ALL IN A BAG AND HOPE FIR THE BEST
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:11 pm

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
JUST STICK IT ALL IN A BAG AND HOPE FIR THE BEST
Folks thanks for the reply
But I think the converstation drifted...
What I want is a carrying capacity (in kgs) of my personal luggage and not live animals or pets..
Please try to understand I am moving from other place with some personal luggage.
thanks for you feedback.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:44 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

You're generally restricted to how much you can physically carry.... bear in mind you must also be able to keep it out of the aisle so it won't be in anyone's way (I don't think the buses/trains have any luggage areas), & it also must fit through the door of the bus!

Personally I'd recommend a taxi... much less hassle!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by saraliz
You're generally restricted to how much you can physically carry.... bear in mind you must also be able to keep it out of the aisle so it won't be in anyone's way (I don't think the buses/trains have any luggage areas), & it also must fit through the door of the bus!

Personally I'd recommend a taxi... much less hassle!!!
ooh thanks, the ans I was looking for. So Public transport dont have any luggage areas
thanks for the suggestion and answer.