Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Question luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

Hi, this is a long way of till we need this info but we are just fact finding now...
Do the children have the same allowance we have four.The two older ones i guess would get full allowance as we will probably have to pay full fare(12,13)but the younger ones(4/7)will they get full immigrating luggage allowance??? Jackie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

demigrate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
Hi, this is a long way of till we need this info but we are just fact finding now...
Do the children have the same allowance we have four.The two older ones i guess would get full allowance as we will probably have to pay full fare(12,13)but the younger ones(4/7)will they get full immigrating luggage allowance??? Jackie
As far as I am aware they will all get the allowance, especially as they will be paying 75% of the adult fare with most airlines. I would be unhappy if they didn't get the allowance.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

Originally Posted by demigrate
As far as I am aware they will all get the allowance, especially as they will be paying 75% of the adult fare with most airlines. I would be unhappy if they didn't get the allowance.
We've flown with Emigrates and Singapore Air, bought seats for small children both times and got the full 22Kgs per seat....make sure you take a large piece of hand luggage for each of them too (rather than a small rucksack)
Might as well get your moneys worth.....

I've also read that if you show the airline the VISA is a permentent one you can negotiate a double weight allowance if you are lucky.

Matt
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:10 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you have a seat, you should be able to get the baggage allowance that goes with it...
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice

Thank's all, for replys..Jackie
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:31 am
Just Joined

willo is a jewel in the roughwillo is a jewel in the roughwillo is a jewel in the roughwillo is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: luggage allowance for children=same as adults??

when we moved out 15 mths ago Singapore airlines allowed 40kgs per person including the kids its the same with all airlines you just need to show permanent visa when checking in (we rang the airline to check first), 160kgs of baggage to check in and then hand luggage is a massive amount. By the look of things you will have 6x 40kgs. Beware though if you travel for a hol after getting permanent visa this trip will be counted as double baggage allowance as the opportunity is only given to first stamp after visa is stuck in passport.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willo
when we moved out 15 mths ago Singapore airlines allowed 40kgs per person including the kids its the same with all airlines you just need to show permanent visa when checking in (we rang the airline to check first), 160kgs of baggage to check in and then hand luggage is a massive amount. By the look of things you will have 6x 40kgs. Beware though if you travel for a hol after getting permanent visa this trip will be counted as double baggage allowance as the opportunity is only given to first stamp after visa is stuck in passport.
That is all great new's..i think i'd better buy a couple more suitcases though Jackie