Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lucyb is flying tonight.....

Lucyb is flying tonight.....

Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:53 am
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold
Default Lucyb is flying tonight.....

Just a little note to say bye as we leave Gatwick for Melbourne, and eventually Adelaide tonight. I cannot tell you how horrendous and sad the last few days have been. My eyes are so sore from crying. Im leaving my parents house in an hour, and that is going to be even worse. I hope this is worth all the heartache I am causing everyone who loves us. If my husband said 'lets stay' to me now, I probably would. To those of you who have done it, how did you manage? And for those just starting this whole process, dont underestimate how strong the family bond is. I thougt that because I grew up overseas, as did my husband, we would be ok. Anyone on Emirates tonight, you will spot me a mile away!

(PS changed my name from Pomme Frite back to Lucy, but couldnt get Lucyb back!)
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucyb is flying tonight.....

Originally Posted by Lucy
Just a little note to say bye as we leave Gatwick for Melbourne, and eventually Adelaide tonight. I cannot tell you how horrendous and sad the last few days have been. My eyes are so sore from crying. Im leaving my parents house in an hour, and that is going to be even worse. I hope this is worth all the heartache I am causing everyone who loves us. If my husband said 'lets stay' to me now, I probably would. To those of you who have done it, how did you manage? And for those just starting this whole process, dont underestimate how strong the family bond is. I thougt that because I grew up overseas, as did my husband, we would be ok. Anyone on Emirates tonight, you will spot me a mile away!

Have a safe flight.

I may just see you there in a few months
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:58 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lucy - Apparantly the feelings change the closer to Oz you get. Chin up and remember how many others have gone through the same thing and survived.

Lou
xx

(Weasy on adbrits)
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:32 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe flight Lucy and keep us posted from the other side. I'm sorry the goodbyes have been so difficult, I'm not looking forward to that bit at all
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:49 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe journey Lucy.
I'm sure all the tears will be worth it in the end.
Keep us posted.
Julie. x
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great flight Lucy / Pomme Frite / Lucyb.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Lucy hope it all works out for you.We go in around 4 weeks and I am not looking forward to the goodbyes one little bit!!! I tell you especially saying goodbye to my Mum will be the hardest.But remember all the reasons that you want to go to Oz and stay positive.Take Care Dreamaway
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Lucy after all the hurdles you have staggered over, it's not surprising you are feeling like this About a year ago (or was it only a few months) you thought all hope Adelaide wise had gone - then came Canada and New Zealand. To be honest I think you have done brilliantly to stay sane up till now

Have a great flight and just remember why you want to be in Adelaide.

Take care.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe flight and enjoy your new life down under
Good luck
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:37 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Lucy
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey Lucy after all the hurdles you have staggered over, it's not surprising you are feeling like this About a year ago (or was it only a few months) you thought all hope Adelaide wise had gone - then came Canada and New Zealand. To be honest I think you have done brilliantly to stay sane up till now

Have a great flight and just remember why you want to be in Adelaide.

Take care.
I've missed quite how you've managed it but I'm really pleased that you have - it was obvious that Oz is where you really wanted to go and be!

Y.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

jlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nice

Lucy, good luck and be strong...you will be OK as soon as you are on the plane. Get focused on why you have gone through all the visa process and why you want to go and you will be fine.

LibbyX
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:01 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lucy, I can't imagine how sad you must be feeling. Here's hoping that by the time you read this, you'll be in Adelaide and LOVING it

So glad you've come back to BE, and Lucy is so much better than Pomme Fritte. Woder why you couldn't get LucyB back. Oh well.

One day, we'll get there too (thanks mostly down to you putting us onto Caroline and giving us renewd hope) and we can all get together for a BBQ as you'll be an old pro at it by then

Hope the flight goes well and you get settled quickly.

Gill
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey Lucy

See you on the other side in July.

Graham & Sara
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy, stay calm, stay focused and enjoy the challenge of starting the new life you have worked so hard to get.

Safe journey mate.

Samantha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.