Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lucky...or What!!!??!

Lucky...or What!!!??!

Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Cool Lucky...or What!!!??!

Our house officially went on the Market on Thursday. The estate agent has said that he won't arrange any viewings before Tuesday as we still had some tidying to do in the garden. Anyway, friends of mine from a couple of streets away have had their house up for sale for 4 months and it sold on Friday. They knocked on my door yesterday and said they want to buy our house, are willing to pay full asking and are prepared to bridge if we need to sell quicker than they can move!!!! I'm stunned. They're going to phone our Estate agent tomorrow and go through the official channels, so it looks like we've sold before we've even had any viewings :scared:

All going well, we'll be in Perth before the end of March. Talk about a reality check!!!

Just the cars to sell now :scared:
TJ
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucky...or What!!!??!

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Our house officially went on the Market on Thursday. The estate agent has said that he won't arrange any viewings before Tuesday as we still had some tidying to do in the garden. Anyway, friends of mine from a couple of streets away have had their house up for sale for 4 months and it sold on Friday. They knocked on my door yesterday and said they want to buy our house, are willing to pay full asking and are prepared to bridge if we need to sell quicker than they can move!!!! I'm stunned. They're going to phone our Estate agent tomorrow and go through the official channels, so it looks like we've sold before we've even had any viewings :scared:

All going well, we'll be in Perth before the end of March. Talk about a reality check!!!

TJ

Jammy buggers, good luck, I hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

TJ
Why bother giving the estate agents all that commission when they have done nothing?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Why bother giving the estate agents all that commission when they have done nothing?
I was wondering that too. Unfortunately hubby's in NZ at the mo and I can't get in touch with him til tomorrow to discuss it. Thing is, although there's a really strong chance that this couple WILL buy the house, we don't really want to put all our eggs into one basket. Just in case something happens and their house falls through or circumstances change. I feel that we should keep it on the market until everything is signed. Anyone any advice/opinions on this?
TJ
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:37 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

That's F *cking brill....
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

You can't get better than that That's excellent news. Congratulations
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:48 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

good luck

glad to hear some good news

jan xx
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

you lucky peeps, good luck to you, think you should try and save yourselves some money though if you can and cut out the agents!!!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
you lucky peeps, good luck to you, think you should try and save yourselves some money though if you can and cut out the agents!!!
Thanks Debbie and Ransi for the K.
TJ
Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:53 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

TJ
Congratulations.

I expect you have made a few people jelous at the speed you have sold your house, but thats the luck of the draw.

Good luck with getting the sale closed.

K sent
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debbiemc
Before we employed our agents we agreed if we found the buyer (no connection through their office) then there would only be a fee for photos and advertising. I wouldn't wait for hubby to call and I definitely wouldn't get the buyer to go through the agents.

When hubby gets on to you then you can discuss how you will proceed with the agents but once the buyer has spoken to the agent AT ALL, that's it you can say goodbye to their fees which is money that can be spent on far better things.

Well done, hope it all works for you.

Flip
Old Jan 30th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Excellent. Congratulations ont he speedy house sale.
Karen
Old Jan 30th 2006, 9:53 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

TJ
Congratulations but if they are serious buyers, it's madness to still go through an estate agent as they are adding no value to the process and you're paying them for doing nothing!

If these buyers are serious, ask them to put down a deposit as a goodwill gesture (which can be done via your solicitor) to secure the property.

Hope this all works out well for you.

Nicky
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:04 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

TJ
That's amazing. I'd try and avoid getting the agent's involved if you can, you might be able to upgrade your flights to business class wit the money you save I'm chuffed to bits for you - and just think, you don't have all those weeks of keeping your house like a showroom.

I'm hoping that this is an indication that the house market in Falkirk is on the way up as we're hoping to go up for sale in March/April.

Gill
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

That is fantastic, well done.

your neighbours are a private sale so do not go through the agent at all as they have done nothing on the sale. If they argue just tel them to take you to court for it!. Would love to see them pursue you in Aus.