Reload this Page >

LTR questions pls pls help

Wikiposts

LTR questions pls pls help

Old May 29th 2012, 6:28 am
Just Joined

sal83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTR questions pls pls help

Hello all im new and really want some help.

My partner has been applying for a few jobs and its looking quite hopeful that he will get one.
What i want to know are a few things really
1. When did you make your application to the court for LTR, before the visa process or after?
2. Did you take your child to look around schools and houses before you started the process. I know my daughter who is 8 really wants to go she likes the sound of the outdoor lifestyle. I am wondering if the courts would prefer it if she has seen australia before she makes a decission.
3. Sorry quite a personal question but how much roughly did the process of the courts cost, and how long did it take.
4. I just wanted to know what is classed as relevent in the case and whats not. I was going to compile information on area we want to live in, with crime rate, what there is within a certain distance for the children to do, The range of schools avaliable and my personal prefrence after visiting them all.
The sort of house we would move into and how we would finacially benifit and what local doctors, hospitals and genral health care is avaliable with some other bits i think is relevent.
I would love to hear from anyone who has gone thru the process, i know her dad will be upset, but my mum will still be in the country so we could come back for a month every year. I feel if we go when she is 16 she will not have the benifits of making friends at school and my partner and i desperatly want to go for loads of reasons.
Good or bad info i would love to hear from anyone who has been in a simlier situation