Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LPAB exemptions for UK law degree in NSW

LPAB exemptions for UK law degree in NSW

Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

clints exemptions is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LPAB exemptions for UK law degree in NSW

In case there's anyone in a similar situation as a UK law grad qualifying in NSW having to sit some additional subjects, I'd appreciate any comments...

I'm in the process of appealing to the LPAB for more exemptions, as after completing 5 of the subjects in the last few months I realised i might have been alittle quick to accept the decision. I've heard of people only having to do 3-6 subjects with an LLB. The LPAB have essentially equated the BA law with the CPE from the UK it would seem...

You may know that many unis in the UK such as Oxbridge only offer BA law degrees, the difference between my degree and most LLBs is 1-2 elective subjects so i'm going to ask my uni to contact the LPAB and make the case.

I would love to know what subjects any of you have been exempted from if you have applied yet. It seems that the exemption criteria used by the board lacks transparency adn consistency.

Thanks in advance

Clint
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

KeelyS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LPAB exemptions for UK law degree in NSW

Hi Clint, did you ask for review? I too have a U.K. law degree, am required to study six subjects by NSW. Also, I wonder what the legal job market is like down under at the moment?
Thanks.