British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Low-lives spoil our teachers' Xmas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/low-lives-spoil-our-teachers-xmas-197578/)

Jacqui Dec 18th 2003 2:15 pm

Low-lives spoil our teachers' Xmas

This note from the principal was sent home from school yesterday:

"While we finish on a high with the Class Awards and Graduation Ceremonies, I have some unfortunate news. During the Class Awards Ceremonies, from the hours of 1:30 - 3 pm, someone or a group of individuals has entered classrooms and stolen a number of staff purses and bags, containing items such as credit cards, keys and money. The items were stolen from all parts of the school. Anyone with information contact................. This is a very unfortunate end for our 2003 school year. Hopefully the Christmas spirit that is present at this time of year will prevail."

The thieves knew that there was an important assembly on, and that the classrooms would be left unattended, bet they were siblings of kids at the school. Maybe the teachers will have to consider putting their belongings in a locked place in future? The schools here are so open, not fenced in like we're used to. Anyone can wander onto school grounds and get into the classrooms.

jopaulss Dec 18th 2003 2:29 pm

Jacqui its sad isnt it , well before i go to bed i have to say shawnies school also had bad news this week . They had to buy a present for the person whos name they pulled out of the hat , so under the tree they had 24 little presents , yep guess what happened they were broken in and all the presents were stolen , except one which was taken out of the wrapping and box and left on the floor , it was the one my daughter had bought ( huh was ours not good enough :( ) so the poor little darlings had to go and buy and again , there are some saddos around arent there.
Joanne

S Oldfield Dec 18th 2003 2:31 pm

What a horrible thing to happen.
I know it does happen all over the world, but how can some one `organise`something like this.

I only hope they get their comeuppance.

teach Dec 18th 2003 4:16 pm

I had £20 taken out of my purse once, other members of staff have lost money too. Sadly it's actually kids in our school. I have a budding Oliver Twist in my class at the moment, she even goes in my drawer and takes things. We now all carry our bags everywhere just in case.

Sarah

tinaj Dec 18th 2003 5:07 pm

This is sadly very common place in schools. Inset days are also usually good pickings for thieves. Unfortunately hardly any schools have lockable lockers for teacher's belongings so you do have to watch your stuff like a hawk!! And it is often the children that pinch things as well.

claireg3 Dec 18th 2003 5:51 pm

This isn't to do with schools being broken into but I used to work in a special care baby unit and we used to have things being stolen from other babies cots - clothes toys etc by other babies parents! Someone also nicked the tv and video from the breastfeeding room.

Claire

ANA123 Dec 18th 2003 6:51 pm

The ICT department at my daughters school was cleaned out during the xmas play last week. Its obviously quite common. Scumbags

renth Dec 19th 2003 12:02 am

Re: Low-lives spoil our teachers' Xmas

Originally posted by Jacqui
This note from the principal was sent home from school yesterday:

"While we finish on a high with the Class Awards and Graduation Ceremonies, I have some unfortunate news. During the Class Awards Ceremonies, from the hours of 1:30 - 3 pm, someone or a group of individuals has entered classrooms and stolen a number of staff purses and bags, containing items such as credit cards, keys and money. The items were stolen from all parts of the school. Anyone with information contact................. This is a very unfortunate end for our 2003 school year. Hopefully the Christmas spirit that is present at this time of year will prevail."

The thieves knew that there was an important assembly on, and that the classrooms would be left unattended, bet they were siblings of kids at the school. Maybe the teachers will have to consider putting their belongings in a locked place in future? The schools here are so open, not fenced in like we're used to. Anyone can wander onto school grounds and get into the classrooms.
Terrible,

My wife had her purse stolen at school too.

DianeOZ Dec 19th 2003 12:14 am

It's awful, what a start to Christmas!

A can sympathise with what Claire was saying on the baby toys - in Uk I used to leave my buggy parked downstairs at the building where my eldest used to do karate, the 1st 2 weeks I got the drinks tray off the pram stolen and also those dandgy toys that you attach! Saddos! Needless to say I used to lug it upstairs after that.