Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A lovely Winters Day !

A lovely Winters Day !

Old Jul 20th 2003, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Jeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura about
Default A lovely Winters Day !

Hello all ... I am Maria wife of Jeremy .. and we have followed this Forum for years now !! looking reading and getting hope inspiration ideas from lots of people hoping to get to Oz and lots of people that had made it ...

Life is never easy even in surroundings we have known all our lives ! So of course it may be hard and even very hard changing to a new Country so yes if you think it will be easy maybe you should not come - but I will say this it is sure worth a try because you have already gone to a point that alot of people never go !!!

Our time here has been so up and down but guess what not because we don't want to be here !!!

I could spend hours telling you of our ups and downs but instead want to share with you a Winters day in the Sunshine Coast -

Sunday decided to go for a drive to Noosa - Winter yet sunny infact it reached 24o - first of all walked to the National Park that walks you along the coastline - a beautiful day and we saw a Koala in the tree .... walked along seeing surfers ... beach people ... walkers from all over the World ... and then we got to Dolphins Point and guess what - yes we saw Dolphins which I have now seen alot of but never ever get tired of that sight !! its really something else !!!

Back home (petrol at 79 cents a litre) -- and no not a barbie but Dinner outside !!!

I love it - and yes I do go to work on Mondays !!!!

I wish all of you the best in your choices and decisions !!!

Maria

I do miss Holsten Pils !!!!

Last edited by Jeztechs; Jul 20th 2003 at 10:31 am.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't let the government know you're happy with petrol at 79 cents a litre! A get 4c off at Woolworths Petrol but there's an independant supplier at Calamvale that is usually 10c a litre cheaper than most places. I hate paying anything over 69.9
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

79 cents a litre sounds extremely attractive to me......
Old Jul 20th 2003, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A lovely Winters Day !

Thanks for that Maria, for a moment I thought I was the only person on here that is enjoying life here!! I'm near Sydney though, but it is still fantastic. Last Monday we were at Palm Beach, my 6 year old son was collecting shells, which is one of his favourite past times and i just sat on the beach in the winter sunshine watching the surfers and just unwinding. Saturday was spent riding my horse through the bush, which is something I do a lot and never get bored of even though I do the same trail every time. Yes I work, only part time but then I'm a mum to two young children so they take up most of my time and a lot of my time is hectic, but, I'm happy, I love it here and haven't even thought of going back to England yet. We have just started looking for our first home here, yes they are bloody expensive and we aren't going to be able to get the sort of house we want, but thats just a small price to pay looking at the quality of life we have now. We knew we wouldn't be able to afford the huge nice houses around here, but as long as we can live comfortably and be in a nice neighbourhood then we will be happy.

Mandy

Originally posted by Jeztechs
Hello all ... I am Maria wife of Jeremy .. and we have followed this Forum for years now !! looking reading and getting hope inspiration ideas from lots of people hoping to get to Oz and lots of people that had made it ...

Life is never easy even in surroundings we have known all our lives ! So of course it may be hard and even very hard changing to a new Country so yes if you think it will be easy maybe you should not come - but I will say this it is sure worth a try because you have already gone to a point that alot of people never go !!!

Our time here has been so up and down but guess what not because we don't want to be here !!!

I could spend hours telling you of our ups and downs but instead want to share with you a Winters day in the Sunshine Coast -

Sunday decided to go for a drive to Noosa - Winter yet sunny infact it reached 24o - first of all walked to the National Park that walks you along the coastline - a beautiful day and we saw a Koala in the tree .... walked along seeing surfers ... beach people ... walkers from all over the World ... and then we got to Dolphins Point and guess what - yes we saw Dolphins which I have now seen alot of but never ever get tired of that sight !! its really something else !!!

Back home (petrol at 79 cents a litre) -- and no not a barbie but Dinner outside !!!

I love it - and yes I do go to work on Mondays !!!!

I wish all of you the best in your choices and decisions !!!

Maria

I do miss Holsten Pils !!!!
Old Jul 20th 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for the uplifting posts Maria and Mandy, keep them coming.

We are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast at the end of this year around Caloundra, Mooloolabah or Marochydore areas.
Where abouts do you live?

We have just put our beautiful house on the market and I am not really looking forward to selling it. We renovated it from scratch, but I need to try and emotionally detach myself from it. Posts like your two remind me why I am doing all of this.

I can't wait to take a stroll to Noosa in the Winter time and see Dolphins in the sea.

The next major hurdle is handing my notice in, gulp, I am not looking forward to that!

Anyway I am feeling more positive thanks to you two. I am sure we will love it as much when we finally get there.

Tina