Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Love England But why are will still in NZ

Love England But why are will still in NZ

Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:30 am
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Talking Love England But why are will still in NZ

Hi everyone,

Days like this make it all worth while, got up breaklfast over looking the ocean, could see Mt Raupehu. Went mountain biking in the hills, then went to the beach with the family surfing and fishing, had smoked fish on the baech with a glass of wine. Later went to the open air swimming pool, then back to the beach tonight for a barby and fire on the beach with lots of local wine.
what more could you ask for, days like this make me wonder if I should stay.

Cheers Kev.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:41 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love England But why are will still in NZ

Originally posted by St George Six
days like this make me wonder if I should stay.
Hi Kev

Your not thinking of coming back yet are you?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Days like this make it all worth while, got up breaklfast over looking the ocean, could see Mt Raupehu. Went mountain biking in the hills, then went to the beach with the family surfing and fishing, had smoked fish on the baech with a glass of wine. Later went to the open air swimming pool, then back to the beach tonight for a barby and fire on the beach with lots of local wine.

Cheers Kev.
How much of the year can you do that type of thing where you are?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 8:49 am
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
lets be real honest, its not like that every day though is it, but it is nice to be the situation where it can be.
I also live by the beach although not overlooking it but i can certainly here it as its only a 2 min walk.
Dont forget the moments when you have had a hard day at work and you are missing the u.k for the most stupid thing then you have to slap yourself/pull yourself together/look around and then ask youeself where would you rather be!!!
The crazy thing is that at work yesterday it made me smile when the weather forcast said rain today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,It means i donthave to water the garden for a couple of days!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 8:55 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ratliffe

lets be real honest, its not like that every day though is it, but it is nice to be the situation where it can be.
How often is it?

Monthly, weekly ect.?

Just wondered as its absolutely pouring it down here. And it bloody cold to.

Jack
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:24 am
Now in Tauranga

Hi Jack
Rain!!
i have been here for 3 and a bit months and it has rained about 4 times.
one day didnt stop all day.
I havent experienced a winter yet but when i was here last may the temp was 18 deg and bloody warm, i went back to the u.k after a 2 week visit sunburnt.
I work in a cnc machine workshop and the average temp in there is 30deg it was 35 for a few days last week, not nice but every friday the boss buys us unlimited beer and finish work an hour early so we can drink it!!
New Zealand has now got the highest skin cancer rate in the world because of the ozone so when that sun hits you it burns, the sea temp at the moment is about24 deg, even the wife goes in and i struggle getting the kids out of the water
Gavin
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:30 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

every friday the boss buys us unlimited beer and finish work an hour early so we can drink it!!
Oh righty then.

the sea temp at the moment is about24 deg, even the wife goes in and i struggle getting the kids out of the water
So Heaven is a place on Earth

Jack
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gladrags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Cheers Kev.
How true Kev. We often find ourselves thinking along similar lines when the sunsets over the Port Hills or we can see the Alps on a clear day or we take a trip to the wonderful Akaroa. It has however rained here for over a week! Farmers and ducks love it. And we know that every day is not like that. Work can get in the way!
But the tickets are bought and we are just as excited about that!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ratliffe
Hi there
I also live by the beach although not overlooking it but i can certainly here it as its only a 2 min walk.
Dont forget the moments when you have had a hard day at work and you are missing the u.k for the most stupid thing then you have to slap yourself/pull yourself together/look around and then ask youeself where would you rather be!!!
The crazy thing is that at work yesterday it made me smile when the weather forcast said rain today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,It means i donthave to water the garden for a couple of days!
Gavin so good to hear from you? How's Tauranga these days?

Met up with Paul(Firing1) much?

On me way end of March, have a beer if you want in April sometime!

Did you buy a place or still renting?

Glad to see you posting!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

New Zealand has now got the highest skin cancer rate in the world because of the ozone so when that sun hits you it burns, Gavin
It's a bit frightening when you see all the moles and little cancers on people's faces - they sure are weather-worn. Got me slopping on the suncream like a madman!
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:22 am
Now in Tauranga

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
It's a bit frightening when you see all the moles and little cancers on people's faces - they sure are weather-worn. Got me slopping on the suncream like a madman!
Hey Don
it takes a a good sunburn session to make you realize how dangerous that big fat yellow thing can do. i never used to put sun cream on but here i do all the time especially my head face and shoulders. You have to slap it on the kids religiously and my wife does get fed with putting it on them in the morning before school.
Gavin
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:45 am
Now in Tauranga

Thumbs up Re: Love England But why are will still in NZ

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Gavin so good to hear from you? How's Tauranga these days?

Met up with Paul(Firing1) much?

On me way end of March, have a beer if you want in April sometime!

Did you buy a place or still renting?

Glad to see you posting!
Hey Darren how you doing
i'm back on the forum again after getting settled down and then my computer crashed big time and lost all my information, gutted.
Tauranga is great! a bit expensive at the moment to buy a house but the prices are coming down after the christmas boom, we are still renting in a brand new house in papamoa but are thinking of buying in Tauranga as you get much more for your money. the houses in papamoa are nice but are built too close to each other taking away your privacy
ive seen paul twice since ive been here as he seems to be too busy.
it would be great to see you when you come over we will definately go out for a beer i'll look forward to that.
are you still in the u.k at the moment and where are you going to settle down
Cheers
Gavin
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Don
it takes a a good sunburn session to make you realize how dangerous that big fat yellow thing can do. i never used to put sun cream on but here i do all the time especially my head face and shoulders. You have to slap it on the kids religiously and my wife does get fed with putting it on them in the morning before school.
Gavin
Hiya Gavin,

Ditto. Somehow I'm not browning up here either like I do in Europe in summer. Also we use SPF15 and SPF30 for the kids, a lot higher factor SPF than before.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Darren how you doing
i'm back on the forum again after getting settled down and then my computer crashed big time and lost all my information, gutted.
Tauranga is great! a bit expensive at the moment to buy a house but the prices are coming down after the christmas boom, we are still renting in a brand new house in papamoa but are thinking of buying in Tauranga as you get much more for your money. the houses in papamoa are nice but are built too close to each other taking away your privacy
ive seen paul twice since ive been here as he seems to be too busy.
it would be great to see you when you come over we will definately go out for a beer i'll look forward to that.
are you still in the u.k at the moment and where are you going to settle down
Cheers
Gavin
Still in UK, flying to LA on 23rd, 5 days there(break it up for kids), and get to Auk on the 29th.
Going to pick up a Campervan and do some travelling for a few weeks, will definitely look you up in April, I'll need somewhere to empty the dirty water tank, you do have drains where you leave

Have spent last 4 months studying & getting certifications in order to put me in a good position for getting work.
Rental in UK finishes end of March, decided to head out to NZ and have good reccy, not doing too much of the tourist places, but bit like Don did, narrow down places we like and then I'll look for that job and go for the Work Visa route to PR. Obviously thats if everything does go to plan, who knows:scared:

PS. All my stuff is getting shipped to have 8-10 weeks to find somewhere for us. So see you soon for that
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:05 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Still in UK, flying to LA on 23rd, 5 days there(break it up for kids), and get to Auk on the 29th.
Going to pick up a Campervan and do some travelling for a few weeks, will definitely look you up in April, I'll need somewhere to empty the dirty water tank, you do have drains where you leave

Have spent last 4 months studying & getting certifications in order to put me in a good position for getting work.
Rental in UK finishes end of March, decided to head out to NZ and have good reccy, not doing too much of the tourist places, but bit like Don did, narrow down places we like and then I'll look for that job and go for the Work Visa route to PR. Obviously thats if everything does go to plan, who knows:scared:

PS. All my stuff is getting shipped to have 8-10 weeks to find somewhere for us. So see you soon for that

Darren,

Please look us up in Dunedin if you get down here. Hopefully by then I will have worked out where Don's secret penguin place is and in his absence I can show you the feathery critters. Oh, and I'll buy you a Speights too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.