Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lots of Shipping Questions

Wikiposts

Lots of Shipping Questions

Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:33 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lots of Shipping Questions

I'm sure these have all been asked before, but here goes anyway:

Generally how much is a container? Can I buy just part of one?

What other options are there instead of a container as we've got a bit to take but not that much really?

How soon before leaving do they take it away and can you leave it in storage with them if necessary?

Thannks,

Paul.

Finally, are you allowed to put your children in the container with the furniture...actually best not I suppose.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi diddy

We are in the process of looking at shipping as well. I called Anglo Pacific....They were very helpful!!

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/

Or you could go to http://www.removers.org.uk/

Hope this helps

Hels
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots of Shipping Questions

Originally posted by diddy
I'm sure these have all been asked before, but here goes anyway:

Generally how much is a container? Can I buy just part of one?

What other options are there instead of a container as we've got a bit to take but not that much really?

How soon before leaving do they take it away and can you leave it in storage with them if necessary?

Thannks,

Paul.

Finally, are you allowed to put your children in the container with the furniture...actually best not I suppose.
There are zillions of threads on shipping, do a search
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul

We have been quoted £3499 for a 20ft container (sole use) with Anglo Pacific. This is the first quote we have had with more shippers coming to quote us over the next week, so I'm hoping we can get the price down a bit!! At the Emigrate show all the shippers we spoke to said it would be about £3000 for a 20ft container, but it depends on how much you have to go in it. That price doesn't include insurance either!

You can do part container but I've no idea how much cheaper that works out.

Good luck.

Sam
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels
Hi diddy

We are in the process of looking at shipping as well. I called Anglo Pacific....They were very helpful!!

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/

Or you could go to http://www.removers.org.uk/

Hope this helps

Hels
There's been a bit of bad press for Anglo Pacific on this forum - you might want to search "***** ********" (type in the whole thing including the quotation marks) to see what others thought of it. The bad press might have come from just a handful of people who have used them, as there are others who thougth it wasn't bad.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mrs JTL, I think Pollyanna had problems if I remember rightly and although I've since heard some good feedback, I must admit it has put me off them.

We've also got PSS, John Mason, Crown and the International Moving Company coming to quote us and I hope one of them will give us a better quote.

Thanks.

Sam
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JackTheLad
There's been a bit of bad press for Anglo Pacific on this forum - you might want to search "***** ********" (type in the whole thing including the quotation marks) to see what others thought of it. The bad press might have come from just a handful of people who have used them, as there are others who thougth it wasn't bad.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

Mrs JTL

Thanks for that...will have a look and maybe get some other quotes as well.....We are not taking much back tho, just some sentimental items and my hubby's tools.

Cheers,

Helen
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello Paul
we have just paid for and booked our shipping through Pickfords, they are coming out on Wednesday and Thursday, we live in a 2 bed bungalow and are taking most of our furniture, cost: £1986 less insurance for a shared 580 cubic foot container
hope this helps
Rach x
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:09 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Rach, have you got their number.

Paul.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Paul i'll pm you with it!
regards
Rach x