Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lots about the GBP : AUD exchange rate....any opinion on the USD : AUD rate?

Lots about the GBP : AUD exchange rate....any opinion on the USD : AUD rate?

Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Lots about the GBP : AUD exchange rate....any opinion on the USD : AUD rate?

As this is a British site, there is obviously alot about the GBP : AUD exchange rate......which is looking more favourable today than in the recent past (now 2.12 : 1 when I checked a couple of minutes ago!)
So, the GBP is going the right way for those of you in the process of exchanging.....
Does anyone have an opinion on what is going to happen in the next 3 - 5 months on the USD : AUD rate? The USD seems to be getting weaker and weaker, and the rate is falling daily.....
Any opinion on where it will stop?

I know we have no crystal balls.......so just looking for thoughts...

Nix
Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: Lots about the GBP : AUD exchange rate....any opinion on the USD : AUD rate?

Gosh....no opinions on this one at all?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots about the GBP : AUD exchange rate....any opinion on the USD : AUD rate?

Hi, I've been looking into this too, personally I haven't a clue
but you might find these interesting
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

http://www.businessday.co.nz/world/australia/4813939
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Gosh....no opinions on this one at all?
To be honest, most expats on this part of the site (the Australia board) are only really fussed about the AUD:GBP rate - maybe have a look on the USA board for USD:GBP/AUD discussions? Just a thought

I know that for us the only time the USD rate was relevant was for the 8 days we were over there in August just gone, as tourists.