Lost the plot

Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default Lost the plot

hiya everyone - I need your help

I have just started researching the visa process (I don't want to use an agent as the money saved could go towards my new pool on Oz!) but I have already lost the plot :scared:

Let me explain:

My husband is a bricklayer so he is the main applicant. Husband's sister (who has PR and has lived in Oz for the last four years) is able to sponsor us and her Husband can be the assuror as he has earnt enough! They live just outside Brisbane in a designated area (4118).

Am I right in thinking that we need to apply using subclass 139 application (skilled and sponsored visa in designated area)? or have I got it completely wrong. The 139 states that you do not have a points test - is this right?
Has anybody managed to get subclass 139 visas on here?

Also, I have just been looking at the TRA and do not like it one bit but it has to be done. Any other brickies out there been through this - how many years evidence are we looking at? and what kind of documentation is needed?
Did you attempt the TRA yourself or did you use an agent?

One last thing (and this is probably a stupid question) but do TRA tell you what information is missing and give you a chance to submit it before they turn you down or do they make you apply again and pay the fees again?

Sorry to go on but any help would be great

Cheers

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lost the plot

Originally Posted by joeyb

I have just started researching the visa process (I don't want to use an agent as the money saved could go towards my new pool on Oz!) but I have already lost the plot :scared:

Let me explain:

My husband is a bricklayer so he is the main applicant. Husband's sister (who has PR and has lived in Oz for the last four years) is able to sponsor us and her Husband can be the assuror as he has earnt enough! They live just outside Brisbane in a designated area (4118).

Am I right in thinking that we need to apply using subclass 139 application (skilled and sponsored visa in designated area)? or have I got it completely wrong. The 139 states that you do not have a points test - is this right?

Also, I have just been looking at the TRA and do not like it one bit but it has to be done. Any other brickies out there been through this - how many years evidence are we looking at? and what kind of documentation is needed?

One last thing (and this is probably a stupid question) but do TRA tell you what information is missing and give you a chance to submit it before they turn you down or do they make you apply again and pay the fees again?

Cheers

Jo
Hi Jo

We went Skilled Des Area Sponsored 139 and we got our visa's......and yes there is no points test.....with reagrds the TRA I cant answer that one, we used an agent as we wanted the process to go as smoothly as poss and we just did not have a clue where to start................cost us $3500 for his fees but it was worth every penny in my books.........good luck with the application and feel free to ask anythin about application

oh and it took us 5 months from when application was lodged to get ur visa's
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Hi biggy

Thanks for that. Its great to hear that someone else has been successful!

How long did it take you to go through just the TRA - or is this included in the 5 months? Can I ask which agent you used?

I was giving us up to 2 years to get our visas or is subclass 139 a little quicker and less involved than some of the other classes?

Where are you going to in Oz?

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Let me explain:

Cheers

Jo
Hi, we too are going for a 139 visa. hubby also in building trade, and have just submitted stuff to TRA, and waiting impatiently, lol.

We are not using an agent either. As he is self-employed we submitted an affidavit, stating what he did exactly from the minute he left the house, to going through what he did on site, what tools he used, how he did each task in turn explaining excatly how he did it. This had to be signed by a Justice of the Peace. We also submitted, client references, supplier statements, letter from accountant, CIS card photocopy, passport photos, couldnt supply employer refences as they are no longer alive, but stated this in the affidavit.

Its a daunting process, that took us months to get together.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Hi Jo,

can't help you with your actual query, but let me ask whether you've tried to put the questions up on the Aus Immigration section of this forum? There might be loads more peeps on to help you out with advice regarding the sponsored visa way as well as there are some migration agents on there regularly helping out with free advice, too.

Anyway, i keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best for the mission

Bye,
Sonja
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:32 pm

Hi biggy

Thanks for that. Its great to hear that someone else has been successful!

How long did it take you to go through just the TRA - or is this included in the 5 months? Can I ask which agent you used?

I was giving us up to 2 years to get our visas or is subclass 139 a little quicker and less involved than some of the other classes?

Where are you going to in Oz?

Jo
Hi Jo

Hubbys skills assessment took 4-5 weeks with IEAust.....we sent away visa application which was acknowledged on 25th September 2003, got meds requested 7 weeks later took a wee while for us to get our meds done as hubby worked awy from home.....they all got sent back the beginning of 2004, THREE weeks later our assurer got asked to lodge the bond money, after DIMIA got all the completed documents back from that we got our visas granted 2 weeks later on 12th March 2004...............been here in Yeppoon, Queensland for over 7 months now!!!!!!
Have pm'd u our agents details

Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speissi
Hi Jo,

can't help you with your actual query, but let me ask whether you've tried to put the questions up on the Aus Immigration section of this forum? There might be loads more peeps on to help you out with advice regarding the sponsored visa way as well as there are some migration agents on there regularly helping out with free advice, too.

Anyway, i keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best for the mission

Bye,
Sonja

Sonja,

Thanks for that - it is all pretty daunting isn't it but worth it!

I accidently posted on here instead of the immigration forum but I am glad I did as I got some really useful advice. I now have a new message of the other forum as well.

Let you know how I get on

Jo
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Sonja,

Thanks for that - it is all pretty daunting isn't it but worth it!

I accidently posted on here instead of the immigration forum but I am glad I did as I got some really useful advice. I now have a new message of the other forum as well.

Let you know how I get on

Jo
Jo,
you're welcome!!

Yeah, it can be very hard at times.
I've taken the partner migration route (de facto spouse) though, was hard enough in a way but can imagine what it would be like going the skilled way and really feel with the people who are still in the process.

For me it was worth the hassle, i'm very glad to be with b/f eventually & like Oz, although having a twitch of homesickness at times...but hey, one can't have everything in life - the plusses far outweigh the negatives for me and this is, what counts, I think.

Once again, all the best to you and I, for sure, would appreciate to get an update on your process with the visa.

Sonja
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy
Hi Jo

Hubbys skills assessment took 4-5 weeks with IEAust.....we sent away visa application which was acknowledged on 25th September 2003, got meds requested 7 weeks later took a wee while for us to get our meds done as hubby worked awy from home.....they all got sent back the beginning of 2004, THREE weeks later our assurer got asked to lodge the bond money, after DIMIA got all the completed documents back from that we got our visas granted 2 weeks later on 12th March 2004...............been here in Yeppoon, Queensland for over 7 months now!!!!!!
Have pm'd u our agents details

Hi Biggy, we were in Yeppoon last Sept and fell inlove with it. We were only there for a short while but all going well we hope to be there by mid 2006. We have to do 12 months in Brisbane first and then once we get (fingers crossed) PR it will be Yeppoon as I will be able to get work in the hospital with PR.
So I am picking your brains now....what's it like there? Are you happy? What about property prices?
We used to live in rural southern Ireland so are used to quiet places and we thought it was just like Ireland in the sun.
I know I have gone off on a tangent from the thread but I don't know how else to get in to ask you these questions. I've probably broken lots of rules!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Hi Biggy, we were in Yeppoon last Sept and fell inlove with it. We were only there for a short while but all going well we hope to be there by mid 2006. We have to do 12 months in Brisbane first and then once we get (fingers crossed) PR it will be Yeppoon as I will be able to get work in the hospital with PR.
So I am picking your brains now....what's it like there? Are you happy? What about property prices?
We used to live in rural southern Ireland so are used to quiet places and we thought it was just like Ireland in the sun.
I know I have gone off on a tangent from the thread but I don't know how else to get in to ask you these questions. I've probably broken lots of rules!!!

Hiya

Yeah we love it, and at the moment it is nice and quiet...loads of uncrowded beaches its brill. I think it will grow over the next few years tho, as there are a few developements in the offing, but i do believe that if u invest here over the next 1-5 years then u aint gonna lose....u may want to move by then if it gets too busy but a least u will have made a few dollars, and possibly just move out bush a little to get the peace and quiet. There is also a new hospital planned in the near furture

Any other questions, u can email me or send me a pm

Good Luck
H
Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Lost the plot

Originally Posted by biggy
Hiya

Yeah we love it, and at the moment it is nice and quiet...loads of uncrowded beaches its brill. I think it will grow over the next few years tho, as there are a few developements in the offing, but i do believe that if u invest here over the next 1-5 years then u aint gonna lose....u may want to move by then if it gets too busy but a least u will have made a few dollars, and possibly just move out bush a little to get the peace and quiet. There is also a new hospital planned in the near furture

Any other questions, u can email me or send me a pm

Good Luck
H
Thanks for that. I will have more questions in the future so I will probably take you up on that offer to email you some time. I think you and your family are living in such a lovely place. Looking out at that ocean and seeing the sunrise with Gt Keppel on the horizon is one of the most breathtaking sites I have seen in a long time. May you enjoy every moment of your life there!
Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:10 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Let me explain:

Cheers

Jo
You should ask these questions in the immigration part of the forum me thinks.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Thanks for that. I will have more questions in the future so I will probably take you up on that offer to email you some time. I think you and your family are living in such a lovely place. Looking out at that ocean and seeing the sunrise with Gt Keppel on the horizon is one of the most breathtaking sites I have seen in a long time. May you enjoy every moment of your life there!
when i walk the kids round to the school bus in the morning .....when we walk over the hill that is the first thing we see....Great Keppel Island and the Pacific Ocean glistening in the sun.......makes us forget the sweat runnin down yer arse lol and its only 8.30 am......................wow its brill...only in Oz can u have had 3 showers by 10am lol