Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lost Passport with Visa in it

Wikiposts

Lost Passport with Visa in it

Old Aug 10th 2003, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Lost Passport with Visa in it

I still can't believe it but I have looked for 2 days for my passport and I still can't find it. I had it 4 weeks ago when I got back from Italy and stupidly left it lying around. My kids kept touching it so I kept moving it but obviously didn't put it where I keep the others.

I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT call me every name under the sun ( my husband almost has). WHAT DO I DO? I am the lead name on the visas and they can't enter without me going first.

Has anyone else been a p***t like me and lost their passport with the visa in it?

How do I go about getting another visas???

I am now near depression stage. I am going to continue to look over the next week and then will have to declare it lost.

A very, very, very sad Tina.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 4:21 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lost Passport with Visa in it

Originally posted by tinaj
I still can't believe it but I have looked for 2 days for my passport and I still can't find it. A very, very, very sad Tina.

:scared:
Old Aug 10th 2003, 5:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

oh god Tina, what a nightmare!
Would it be worth phoning your case officer? Havn't got any other advice really. I just hope that you find it soon
Old Aug 10th 2003, 5:32 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I still can't believe it but I have looked for 2 days for my passport and I still can't find it. I had it 4 weeks ago when I got back from Italy and stupidly left it lying around. My kids kept touching it so I kept moving it but obviously didn't put it where I keep the others.

I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT call me every name under the sun ( my husband almost has). WHAT DO I DO? I am the lead name on the visas and they can't enter without me going first.

Has anyone else been a p***t like me and lost their passport with the visa in it?

I am now near depression stage. I am going to continue to look over the next week and then will have to declare it lost.

Cheer up - it's not so bad. If you have really lost the passport, better get a new one ASAP (ring up the Passport Office, explain the urgency and ask what is quickest way to buy a new passport). In the meantime ask your case officer what the process is for getting a new visa stickered in your new passport - I know for NZ you just pay a small fee and they will give you a new sticker.

Smile! It could be worse.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hell Tina !!

Hope you find it soon. I am a nightmare for putting things in safe `PLACES` only they are never found again.

footie chick
Old Aug 10th 2003, 6:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've put things in very odd places - if you were hiding it from the kids, try all your handbags (several times), in with the bills, that drawer in the kitchen where we all shove stuff that might be handy one day, under the microwave, under the stereo, in the medicine cabinet, then have a drink and ring the passport office. Must have happened to people before, so DON'T PANIC!
:scared: :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:01 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: Hi Tina, all sounds very familiar, I did exactly that last week, having just got back from Disney Land Paris, I found it behind a load of stuff in the bathroom .Hope you find it.

Suz
Perth 10th Nov (if I dont loose the passport again!!)
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:09 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Good luck with this one Tinaj. I'm sure you will sort it out one way or the other, but what a p*ss off it is anyway. This kind of thing happens to the best of us sometimes.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that you will find it. It has got to be in the house somewhere. Don't panic. Check room by room. Don't just rifle through drawers (done this and somehow go blind and see straight past things I am looking for).
Just ask the kids again, just incase they have somehow got hold of them again and they are now in the toybox or under the cushions on the settee.
If you need more ideas, just give us a bell.
We have all done it.

Whisky
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:17 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

My kids kept touching it so I kept moving it but obviously didn't put it where I keep the others.
This sounds like a severe case of putting it somewhere "safe"

To slightly plagerise and bastardize a Sherlock Holmes saying

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the place (that damn passport is hiding)

Hope you find it soon

Matt
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try the car???
And the box (which i guess you have) with copies of visa papers in?
Old Aug 10th 2003, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Guys, You really are pillars of strength at times like this.
I am going to miss you lot when we do leave!!

I am going to continue my search tomorrow and hopefully will be able to say that I have found it.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the places where you feel you would never put things for safe keeping you know the really unusual places, they will probably turn up.

footie chick
Old Aug 10th 2003, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my god.. how awful. you are going to have to go through each room with a fine tooth comb. I have put things in safe places and can never remember where they are.
Take one room at a time. empty everything methodically.
I ever found an item I was looking for in a boot once!
Could the kids have taken for playing with and it could be somewhere amongst their playthings.

I would get rid of the kids for a few hours and have a couple of friends round to do a thorough search.
As soon as you find them , please let us know . I dont really know you much on this forum , but im REALLY worried for you. I can just imagine the sheer panic of the situation.

Best of luck and good searching...

Cheers
BooBoo
Old Aug 10th 2003, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Tina

If its any consolation I've had a blonde moment too (you may not be blonde just an expression I use cos I can!), we were supposed to be in France this w/end and I picked up three passports - Olivers, mine and mine (maiden name)! not hubbies, I had grabbed my old one too - whoops, not something you expect from a world traveller, have been forgiven and everyone's said that worse things can happen, in the scale of things not so bad.

So happy hunting and sure you'll find it when you stop having a blind panic, if not you can get another one - in the scale of things, it could be alot worse

Teresa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.