Reload this Page >

Lost our assurer

Lost our assurer

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

donnab4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost our assurer

Hi Everyone

We just got news that our sponsor cant or wont assure us , we are not looking for financial support from them as thankfully money is not an object ,has anyone any advice ,we dont have enough points without them,we are phoning them tomorrow to a
sk them again, any advice is better than none

Thanks Donna
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lost our assurer

Originally posted by donnab4
Hi Everyone

We just got news that our sponsor cant or wont assure us , we are not looking for financial support from them as thankfully money is not an object ,has anyone any advice ,we dont have enough points without them,we are phoning them tomorrow to a

Thanks Donna

Ouch. thats gotta hurt. Why did they back out Donna??
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:50 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Beg them ? or offer them a financial incentive !!!

Perhaps they are worried they will be caught for money if anything happens you. Reassure them that money is not an object and you really need them to help otherwise your dream is over - sob story can always pull at their heart strings !

Good luck !
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

WE THINK THAT IS THE PROBLEM ,THEY INQUIRED ABOUT FAMILY SPONSORSHIP OVER IN OZ AND WE THINK THEY GOT A FRIGHT ABOUT THE MONEY INVOLVED ,IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD SCARE THEM
DONNA:scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You need to understand the precise reason why he or she won't act as assurer.

If they are concerned about the financial obligations - yes, there is a risk (that they would face a recovery claim - although the bond would be Centrelink's first port of call). However the risk is reduced by the fact that in most cases new migrants are not eligible for welfare for the first two years (which is the same period as the assurance of support).

Your assurer also has to meet the specific income requirements.

A sponsor and assurer are completely non-negotiable for skilled sponsored migration.

Jeremy

Hi Everyone

Thanks Donna
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:51 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Thanks Donna
Some Quick questions, You going for family sponsorship - Yes?

Is the family member doing the sponsorship still ok?

Is your assurer a different person? Family Sponsor and Assurer do not need to be the same person.

Cheers

PS edited for some spelling (but possibly not all) errors

Last edited by Sandra; Jul 3rd 2004 at 3:55 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 4:43 pm
Hello from Brisbane

If the issue is money - offer to put the required $5000 into their account to act as a assurance to them. I believe they need $5000 to be an assurer so if you put this into their account for 2 years until you become eligible for social payments they might feel easier.

Sandra was also correct, a family sponsor and assurer can be 2 different persons which might be another option for you.

If you really let them know what this means to you and after offering the $5000 (borrowed for 2 years) they'll surely be OK.

Let us know what they say after you speak to them, and good luck !
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Everyone

Thanks for the advice ,we are calling them in the morning will let you all know what the out come is fingers crossed

Bye Donna
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:24 pm
Donnab4

Cheers Everyone

Thanks for the advice ,we are calling them in
the morning will let you all know what the out come is fingers
crossed

Bye Donna

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:49 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone

Thanks Donna

Donna,

I really feel for you. We lost our sposnor ( he died very suddenly). As well as being devastated about his loss we were also informed by many that our application would no longer be valid. We were beside ourselves however DIMIA allowed us to use his wife even though she is not the direct blood link. Apparently this is very unusual - I think they may have taken a sympathetic view of things.
I really hope you persuade your sponsor. All the worry is awful. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck
Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:25 am
rudo1ph

We just sent out assurer a cheque for the money that they needed to post for us - I think it's a lot to ask someone to post this money. We'll just get the money back in a couple of years........and if the worst came to the worst and we fell out with our assurer - well we are here and happy and some you win some you loose (not intending falling out though.......it's my big sister!!! )

Good luck, hope you get it sorted out.

Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Hi Everyone

Thanks Donna
Hi Donna

Just a thought but do you think it might be the new AoS procedure that is putting your assurer off. They now have to attend an interview and supply all financial docs to Centrelink instead of DIMIA. I was worried sick when I read the news and thought that my assurer would possibly back out (by the way we are sending him the bond money-wouldn't expect him to put up any money), I emailed him and reassured him that whatever the cost to him, even postage etc. we would pay-he just emailed back ith a typical ozzie reply 'NO WORRIES!' bless him!. I was even prepared to 'give' him the bond money rather than lose our dream, it means that much to me I would pay 5 times that to get a stab at migrating! If it's worth as much to you pull out all the plugs and do whatever it takes to get them back. Did you know that the assurer doesn't need to be one person, you can have two and then they only need half the financial income required-just another thought!

All the best and I really hope you get it sorted.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

ozpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donna,

I had trouble trying to find an assurer, my brother can sponsor but cant act as assurer. My nephew's friend said he would do it (no idea who he is), but because this means so much to me, I told him money isn't a problem, I said I would send him the bond money, he can keep it at the end , and also pay him some more as a goodwill gesture.

He can track my finances if he wants for the first 2 years, copy bank statements etc because I'd be prepared to do anything.

That was before I knew Centrelink were taking over. Now I'm a bit worried !!!

Just keep plugging away if money aint a problem.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

OP
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Default Talked to our Assurer

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your replies, Just got off the phone to oz ,they told us it is nothing to do with the money aspect of it , its the pressure ,things have not been to good for them lately (health wise ) but we begged in a nice way and told them we cant get there without their help so they are going to ask their son (husbands cousin) if he will help ,told them to tell him we will pay the bond and whatever he wants now and in 2 years can keep the bond . Just have to wait for his reply ,so keep fingers crossed

cheers Donna
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:58 am
Hello from Brisbane

fingers crossed and good luck !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.