Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lost in melbourne???

Lost in melbourne???

Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost in melbourne???

HI really appriciate if someone can help me with the following, i was doing R&D for quite a sometime and yet didnt find any much info

- I'm lloking for a cool, serene place to settle down in melbourne which's 30mts drive from the city, preferebaly in SE area near patterson lakes or in monash area. I prefer if there's a good indian comminuty surrounded & well established schools around for my kid.

can someone give ur comments on that and will it be a good area to live in?
what would be the average price of houses there?

thanx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all
Default Re: Lost in melbourne???

Dandenong is probably the best place for an Indian Community or the Western Suburbs.
Cool Places in the SE anywahere along the bay really,
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 29palms
Dandenong is probably the best place for an Indian Community or the Western Suburbs.
Cool Places in the SE anywahere along the bay really,
How long it will take to travel from dandenong area to CBD during the trafiic time ?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Dandenong is more Somali, Russion, Albanian, Eastern European.

Endeavour Hills is popular with people from the Indian community and so is Keysborough however these suburbs are not thirty minutes from the city more like an hour. Actually as time has gone on Indian people are found in most of the southern suburbs. Balwyn is closer in to the CBD, Box Hill near to good schools.

Patterson Lakes is also an hour from the city but a nice area although can be very windy there I used to live close by and it was windy all along the coast there. Its very flat and flood prone. Not that it has flooded for a long long time as we are in drought. Across the freeway is the South Eastern Treatment plant which treats sewerage for the southern areas of Melbourne.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:56 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABB1
HI really appriciate if someone can help me with the following, i was doing R&D for quite a sometime and yet didnt find any much info

- I'm lloking for a cool, serene place to settle down in melbourne which's 30mts drive from the city, preferebaly in SE area near patterson lakes or in monash area. I prefer if there's a good indian comminuty surrounded & well established schools around for my kid.

can someone give ur comments on that and will it be a good area to live in?
what would be the average price of houses there?

thanx
Chadstone, Moorabbin, Bentleigh etc.