Lost freight

Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost freight

Originally Posted by mr mover
Spent 3 months tracing a box of rare books , that had been insured for $30,000. In Adelaide you get ,5 small country truck companys operating out of one yard, sure enough their it was sitting in the wrong shed. The driver {who is no longer with us} did not get any paper work signed, did not reciept the goods , and the booking clerk who,s "pooter"was playing up ASS-U-ME -D it was thier freight.............. mm
Yeah, when I worked for TNT we shared a depot with Ansett Airfreight (no big surpise, TNT owned them) & also had TNT air freight & TNT Road freight all using the same depot. We would find stuff for one of the others in the wrong place in the depot all the time, paperwork missing (or not filled out by pickup drivers), bags (with details & manifest numbers) torn off by the belts etc. It would shock some of the public Im sure .

Even thought it was quite high stress, I really miss that job, probably one of the most interesting jobs I ever had .