Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Loosers, I think you'd better make that Sir Looser

Wikiposts

Loosers, I think you'd better make that Sir Looser

Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:31 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by chris hogan
Although most people appear to be in I.T or quite highly skilled,due respect to all of course ,how many of you are actually prepared to take lower skilled or more manual labour to get you started or to keep you going,as I.T seems to be quite sought after and possibly reaching saturation point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am certainly willing to take a lower paid job, in fact expecting it. I view the big move as a catalyst to changing career anyway. If we don't make it to Oz for some reason, I'm still going to change career and we'll probably still move somewhere else. Retraining and starting again with no experience is going to mean less pay, whether it be here in the UK or in Oz, but the time has come for a change and as seang has just posted, I'd rather take the risk in Oz than take it here.

If I can do the personal training in Oz then that's a dream come true. If I can't, I'll do something else, low skilled if necessary in order to be where we want to be.