Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looks like were getting Daylight saving!!!

Looks like were getting Daylight saving!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:26 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looks like were getting Daylight saving!!!

Is there any hope for QLD? Are there any sensible reasons for resisting daylight saving, or are they all in the mad cow/faded curtain category?
I have got the hang of going to bed at 9 p.m. but can't manage the getting up a 4.30 a.m. bit to go jogging. Consequently seem to spend an inordinate time in bed. It is dark when I get home from work I've only been here a few months but am going to miss those long summer evenings in the UK!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Is there any hope for QLD? Are there any sensible reasons for resisting daylight saving, or are they all in the mad cow/faded curtain category?
I have got the hang of going to bed at 9 p.m. but can't manage the getting up a 4.30 a.m. bit to go jogging. Consequently seem to spend an inordinate time in bed. It is dark when I get home from work I've only been here a few months but am going to miss those long summer evenings in the UK!
There's no hope for the majority of QLD but SEQLD might possibly (cue the flying pig) get it if and when the delightful Peter Beattie gets kicked out but don't hold your breath.

Let's face it, if we get Daylight Saving and Recycled Water there will be absolutely no hope for any of us to survive more than six months anyway
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline B
Having had DLS for a little while in WA I can't say it has dramatically changed my life like the advocates of DLS promised. Quite an interesting article in the West Australian this weekend if I can find a link to it. I am not sure I would vote it in if I had a vote.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Having had DLS for a little while in WA I can't say it has dramatically changed my life like the advocates of DLS promised. Quite an interesting article in the West Australian this weekend if I can find a link to it. I am not sure I would vote it in if I had a vote.
I'll be voting for it in 2009. All this talk about having an early referendum is a load of bollox. In the debate that was on the TV tonight there was an apple farmer who said that DLS was causing the fruit to stew on the trees! What a tool. Most of the opposition to DLS is from OAPs, for working families it's great.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'll be voting for it in 2009. All this talk about having an early referendum is a load of bollox. In the debate that was on the TV tonight there was an apple farmer who said that DLS was causing the fruit to stew on the trees! What a tool. Most of the opposition to DLS is from OAPs, for working families it's great.
I totally agree with you, some people just don't get it do they. The days are longer and hotter How do they work that F****r out They just make themselves look pathetic.

John
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The farmer is a prat. I still can't say as a family with 2 small kids, I stay home with the youngest, that it has benefited me in any way.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

yes, that today tonight debate was hilarious

didnt catch it all, but it struck me that the anti brigade seemed to be very insular in their attitude that it doesnt or wont work....go figure....

Change ....they cant handle change. And er...when it ends at the end of March, the mornings will still be dark at the same time!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
yes, that today tonight debate was hilarious

didnt catch it all, but it struck me that the anti brigade seemed to be very insular in their attitude that it doesnt or wont work....go figure....

Change ....they cant handle change. And er...when it ends at the end of March, the mornings will still be dark at the same time!!
I also did not watch it all. If the anti-brigade had some decent counter arguments then I could take them more seriously, but they don't. As nickyjohnt says, they just make themselves look stupid. I think more people support DLS than those that don't. It's just that the anti-brigade are more vocal and the pro-brigade are getting on with their lives.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I also did not watch it all. If the anti-brigade had some decent counter arguments then I could take them more seriously, but they don't. As nickyjohnt says, they just make themselves look stupid. I think more people support DLS than those that don't. It's just that the anti-brigade are more vocal and the pro-brigade are getting on with their lives.
But no-one has answered my question about fading lorrikeet feathers yet
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:50 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Why doesn't he skip picking them, peeling them and just add custard? Is his name Wally by any chance?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:00 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Why doesn't he skip picking them, peeling them and just add custard? Is his name Wally by any chance?

You're just being silly now - you know the custard would go off in the extra hours worth of heat - now maybe stewed "custard apples" could be a marketing idea
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But no-one has answered my question about fading lorrikeet feathers yet
The lorikeets could use the sour milk from the confused cows as a 'night cream' to help replenish their feather colour?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

The anti brigade were on the radio this morning stating that the higher road death toll was due to Daylight saving making people more tired.....
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The lorikeets could use the sour milk from the confused cows as a 'night cream' to help replenish their feather colour?
At last! A sensible answer
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I will be voting "no" as will a lot of pommie and jock immigants I know. The reason? We hate going to work in the dark. :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.