Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looks like we have made it!

Looks like we have made it!

Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:33 pm
paula

paula879 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Looks like we have made it!

After getting my agent to email our case officer he has confirmed that our medicals and police checks have reached oz ok, and that everything has been checked and finalised, so the visa is ours! Should receive confirmation very soon. Having a drink anyway!

Cant wait to see it black and white though!

Paula
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:39 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looks like we have made it!

Coolage, just getting the TRA ok was a rush you must be doin back flips

Where are u heading for and when???? Time line ?

Well bloody done
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:41 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula879
After getting my agent to email our case officer he has confirmed that our medicals and police checks have reached oz ok, and that everything has been checked and finalised, so the visa is ours! Should receive confirmation very soon. Having a drink anyway!

Cant wait to see it black and white though!

Paula

Congratulations. When did you send your medicals and for what visa?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:45 pm
paula

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Coolage, just getting the TRA ok was a rush you must be doin back flips

Where are u heading for and when???? Time line ?

Well bloody done
Perth, looking at Joondalup area. Leaving by the end of May. Lease runs out on our flat! Sold house last year.

Glad its over the whole process has taken 14 months.

Paula
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:46 pm
paula

Originally Posted by fraser
Congratulations. When did you send your medicals and for what visa?
Thanks!

Skilled independant, on modl. Medicals went on the 15th Feb.

Paula
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:48 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Skilled independant, on modl. Medicals went on the 15th Feb.

Paula

Cheers, got a bit excited there as ours went in not long after yours but not MODL
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Cheers, got a bit excited there as ours went in not long after yours but not MODL

Your time will come.

ps, its to be 30 degrees this holiday weekend in Melbourne.

BTW, Congratulations Paula.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Your time will come.

ps, its to be 30 degrees this holiday weekend in Melbourne.

BTW, Congratulations Paula.
Cheers bordy and when it does maybe we'll share a beer or two some time
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:03 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Cheers bordy and when it does maybe we'll share a beer or two some time

No doubt our paths will cross at one of the Melbourne meet BBQs.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:06 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula!

Did you frontload your medicals??? Congratulations by the way!!!!!!!!

Was it you that posted about not knowing if meds had arrived safely as Dr sent them International signed for? My meds were sent Feb too - frontloaded and my application arrived 3rd Feb with DIMIA. I am a nurse on MODL.

Should I e-mail to see if my meds have been recieved safely?

Sorry if I'm muddling you with another poster.

Congrats again!

Lynn
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
No doubt our paths will cross at one of the Melbourne meet BBQs.

Hope so mate, still seems like a lifetime away
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:20 pm
paula

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Paula!

Did you frontload your medicals??? Congratulations by the way!!!!!!!!

Was it you that posted about not knowing if meds had arrived safely as Dr sent them International signed for? My meds were sent Feb too - frontloaded and my application arrived 3rd Feb with DIMIA. I am a nurse on MODL.

Should I e-mail to see if my meds have been recieved safely?

Sorry if I'm muddling you with another poster.

Congrats again!

Lynn

Thanks Lynn

We waited until the medicals etc were requested which was dec 2004. I didnt realise that you couldnt track them to see if they had arrived safely until i rang the GP that did the medicals and found out that they had been sent by royal mail and were only tracked until they left this country! They told me that i had to check with the receiver to see if they had arrived so i persuaded my agent to email our case officer yesterday. He said we were lucky because our case officer does not mind communicating, where as some of them can be funny.

Paula
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:24 pm
paula

Yours should be soon , there seems to be alot of differrence on how long it takes though even if youve applied for the same visa, dont really understand it!

Paula
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:28 pm

Yours should be soon , there seems to be alot of differrence on how long it takes though even if youve applied for the same visa, dont really understand it!

Paula

Different case officers I suppose. I'm getting addicted to the adrenalin that the pressure's causing :scared:
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:21 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Mucho congratulations fellow visa holder!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.