Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking to work less in Oz?

Looking to work less in Oz?

Old Sep 27th 2003, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Looking to work less in Oz?

Having been self employed for several years now and working myself towards an early grave (seven years without a day off, 18 hour days), last year I made the decision to, well, in a nutshell change my life.
We now live by the maxim of " If you don't spend it , you ain't gotta earn it "
Hey, we're nearly always skint but I do get time to do what I want to do

Those of you with similar feelings may want to have a look at some research I came across whilst trying to find out if I'd gone barmy

http://www.growthfetish.com/Docs/DP50sum.pdf

It's a bit long winded but it does make interesting reading
Old Sep 27th 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Thanks Rossi, it's an interesting read. I think we will see more and more people choosing this option, especially when we realise how much consumerism affects our children.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 7:37 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb Down Shift

Thats a good Maxim think more should try that one, thanks for the link, Self emp you get sucked in when you cant say no for the fear of putting people Off and getting no more work from them.

Good luck in your quest of beating back the grave.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Interesting report Rossi.

The reason a lot of us are moving out there is to do this in part I suppose.

At least if you can get rid of your mortgage by moving there, you will be able to downshift and one of you stop working 9-5.

Having time with your family is of more importance to me than earning a fortune - not that I ever would in my job anyway!

Promotion = more money = more hours. Part of the reason I would not want to advance in my job. More hours= less time with my children and they would have to pay me a lot of money for that to be worth it.