Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for work

Looking for work

Old May 7th 2009, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

flyman69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for work

Hi im new to this site, got my visa and looking to move out to Queensland mechanical background any links or good web sites I could use.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for work

Originally Posted by flyman69
Hi im new to this site, got my visa and looking to move out to Queensland mechanical background any links or good web sites I could use.
www.seek.com.au

http://www.careerone.com.au/

Welcome to the mad house will find plenty of people on here who will be of great help.

Paddy
Old May 8th 2009, 1:09 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

QLD is a big place. Are you talking Brisbane or would you be willing to work on the mines? If you want to work on the mines try looking at companies like BHP, BMA, IPL etc. etc.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:35 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi flyman69,

Sorry I am not in Australia so can't help with you question, but just wanted to pop by and welcome you to the site.

Hope you enjoy BE

Sue
Old May 8th 2009, 12:53 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
QLD is a big place. Are you talking Brisbane or would you be willing to work on the mines? If you want to work on the mines try looking at companies like BHP, BMA, IPL etc. etc.
Aren't they, abovementioned mine owners, sacking employees by the hundreds at the moment?
Old May 8th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

flyman69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IvanM
I,m looking to locate south of brisbane, Surfers, Broadbeach, Currumbin around that area. Although I said I was mechanical, here in Scotland I,m working as a facilities engineer so as well as mechanical plant I,m doing plumbing a little electrical work and A/C units.
Old May 9th 2009, 2:54 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Some are and some are not. It depends on the skills of the OP.

CSG will also be a big employer for those willing to work in the Bowen basin and elsewhere.
Originally Posted by The Bloke
Aren't they, abovementioned mine owners, sacking employees by the hundreds at the moment?