Reload this Page >

looking for temporary/part time jobs

looking for temporary/part time jobs

Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

cheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for temporary/part time jobs

Hey all,

My partner and I am moving over to Melbourne mid January from the UK. My partner has a job to go to however I am aiming to register as a pharmacist but it will mean I wil have a lot of extra time on my hands. Could anyone give me some advice on temporary/part time jobs and where best to look..willing to do most things....fruit picking/ bar work etc

Thanks in advance

Cheryl
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for temporary/part time jobs

Originally Posted by cheza
Hey all,

My partner and I am moving over to Melbourne mid January from the UK. My partner has a job to go to however I am aiming to register as a pharmacist but it will mean I wil have a lot of extra time on my hands. Could anyone give me some advice on temporary/part time jobs and where best to look..willing to do most things....fruit picking/ bar work etc

Thanks in advance

Cheryl
Surely you would be better looking for a job in pharmacy then ? You won't be able to dispense but I would imagine you would be a useful employee.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:47 am
Just Joined

cheza is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be my first option but I have to look at other options if that doesn;t work out.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That would be my first option but I have to look at other options if that doesn;t work out.
You will need to do courses and have the requisite licenses for things like bar work or even making coffee. And don't underestimate how difficult it is to get those kind of jobs in the first place.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I agree with Dorothy. Tafe has a course for making a cup of coffee!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

mechanical430 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Yes, I agree with Dorothy. Tafe has a course for making a cup of coffee!
Does their exist any kind of survivial job where no licensing or previous experience required?????? Wondering how difficult it is to survive in such an environment when you dont have specific skills and dont have enough money to get license
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:56 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I do Night Fill (usually only up until midnight) in a Super Market. I get just under $22/hour....not bad for totally unskilled (no licence required lol), but it is Casual. Good to tide you over though.

Jan
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Thanks in advance

Cheryl
The type of work contract/position that you'll be looking for is called "casual".
(As opposed to full-time or part-time) Casual rates have all of the holiday pay etc all rolled into the hourly rate. You're still entitled to to receive superannuation contributions (like a pension fund).

My sister is a pharmacy assistant in regional Victoria.

Might be something of use here......
http://www.pharmacynews.com.au/