Reload this Page >

Looking for Sydney lunchmates

Looking for Sydney lunchmates

Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

melpieters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for Sydney lunchmates

Hiya

I'm a newly arrived British/South African girl, job hunting in Sydney. It is taking a while to land my first role, and so I am at home a lot during the day while my friends and my boyfriend are at work. I've done the top sights in Sydney on my own, and now I'm getting a bad case of cabin fever! I would like to meet folk for lunch/coffee/glass of wine during the day to keep me sane.

I am absolutely not looking for anything except friendship!

Cheers
Mel
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for Sydney lunchmates

Originally Posted by melpieters
Hiya

I'm a newly arrived British/South African girl, job hunting in Sydney. It is taking a while to land my first role, and so I am at home a lot during the day while my friends and my boyfriend are at work. I've done the top sights in Sydney on my own, and now I'm getting a bad case of cabin fever! I would like to meet folk for lunch/coffee/glass of wine during the day to keep me sane.

I am absolutely not looking for anything except friendship!

Cheers
Mel
hi mel, just saying hello to welcome you...hopefully you'll find someone who can meet up for a chat/coffee/vino ...i sure know how lonesome it can feel without company all day....ttfn
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

HI Mel
I'm an expat in sydney - will pm you now....
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

I am also in Sydney and maybe we could get a few to meet up?

I have PM'ed you.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:13 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya welcome to Sydney lol only just arrived myself will be 4 weeks friday and i am also looking for people who would maybe like to meet up i have a 2 year old son and come sunday 26th Feb i will be living in Glenwood. If anyone not too far away would like to catch up with me just PM me and i will give you my mobile or arrange to meet.

Poshrice
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys, thanks for the responses I really appreciate it. Glenwood's a bit far for me Poshrice, can you get into the city with your son perhaps? I'm in Balmain and ideally can do the city or anything easy to get to by ferry from there ;-).

Goodwin and JayneS, I've PM'd you back, hope to catch up soon!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:28 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melpieters
Hi guys, thanks for the responses I really appreciate it. Glenwood's a bit far for me Poshrice, can you get into the city with your son perhaps? I'm in Balmain and ideally can do the city or anything easy to get to by ferry from there ;-).

Goodwin and JayneS, I've PM'd you back, hope to catch up soon!
If you organise something in the CBD, us city workers could come along too
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chels
If you organise something in the CBD, us city workers could come along too
That would be great the more the merrier. If we said Friday then, what time is your lunchtime and where abouts in the city are you based?

Linda
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goodwin
That would be great the more the merrier. If we said Friday then, what time is your lunchtime and where abouts in the city are you based?

Linda

but then again tomorrow (thursday) would be better for me?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you girls dont mess about lol
maybe one of you can tell the OP about the meet in march
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:25 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

but then again tomorrow (thursday) would be better for me?

That's today!!

Maybe Friday would be better to give people a bit of time to plan? Though I've nothing planned in particular for lunch for today or tomorrow, so I'm not fussed which day we go for
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

I can do Friday, but not today - I'm off to the Fish Market to meet my fella for seafood. mmm oysters....

Anywhere central is good for me, though I have a soft spot for Darling Harbour/Kings Wharf etc if anyone's keen. Wagamamas has an awesome seared tuna salad on special right now for not too much, and a fair wine selection ;-).

If that suits you, just pick a time and I'll PM you my mobile!

cheers
Mel
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow lunchtime Mel and myself are meeting at 1 pm at Wagamamas in Darling Harbour.

See you there?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:08 am
Mozzie magnet

If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow lunchtime Mel and myself are meeting at 1 pm at Wagamamas in Darling Harbour.

See you there?

I'd like to come

I will PM Mel about it