Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a rental in Perth...beware of this company

Looking for a rental in Perth...beware of this company

Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Riotdisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a rental in Perth...beware of this company

Residential Investment and Realty ( based in Innaloo)

They completely took advantage of the fact that we moved back to the UK. They have ripped us off for our whole $1000 bond by making up complete lies. There is apparently nothing we can do unless we are physically in Perth to dispute it in the courts...these guys know what they are doing and going by their attitute, I suspect they have done it lots of times before. Please do not use this company, they will trick you into thinking they are a good company but then when you leave it all changes. Anyone want to know what they did just ask.

Last edited by Riotdisco; Jul 16th 2008 at 7:33 am.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for a rental in Perth...beware of this company

Originally Posted by Riotdisco
Residential Investment and Realty ( based in Innaloo)

They completely took advantage of the fact that we moved back to the UK. They have ripped us off for our whole $1000 bond by making up complete lies. There is apparently nothing we can do unless we are physically in Perth to dispute it in the courts...these guys know what they are doing and going by their attitute, I suspect they have done it lots of times before. Please do not use this company, they will trick you into thinking they are a good company but then when you leave it all changes. Anyone want to know what they did just ask.
What did they do?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Riotdisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a rental in Perth...beware of this company

We left the house spotless and left about 4 bags of household rubbish next to the bin outside ( as it was full ). They said they paid $430 for a skip to remove it all!!!!
We wrote to them and told them we would vacate the house on the 29th April, ready for inspection on the 30th. We also told them we would leave the house keys on the kitchen worktop. They have charged us another $300 rent and the reason for this they say is because we didn't hand the keys into their office...WTF!! WE were in the house for 3 years and they always told us what great tenants we were, and when I told them we were leaving they said they were devastated to lose such good tenants....then they proceeded to rip us off! I phoned the magistrates office today and there is not much we can do from the UK, we have to be there. It seems that our friends at Residential Investment Realty know this. I have phoned them and confronted them, but they keep hanging up on me! I asked for a receipt from the skip company, but they will not produce one. I phoned a few skip companies in Perth and they all had a good laugh at the apparent $430 cost to hire a skip to remove 4 bags of rubbish. I just wanted to warm other people, because this company do not deserve to trade.