Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for rental accomodation in Melbourne

Looking for rental accomodation in Melbourne

Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

dellinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for rental accomodation in Melbourne

Desperately looking for rental accommodation in Melbourne My family are moving to Melbourne in January but I hope to make the move earlier hopefully November to set things up for all of us.

I am having real trouble finding a short term let for 5 to 6 months
We are moving to the Hampton area an our youngest so will be attending school in Brighton so if anyone out there can HELP us I would be more than grateful

Regards Dell xxx
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for rental accomodation in Melbourne

Originally Posted by dellinlondon
Desperately looking for rental accommodation in Melbourne My family are moving to Melbourne in January but I hope to make the move earlier hopefully November to set things up for all of us.

I am having real trouble finding a short term let for 5 to 6 months
We are moving to the Hampton area an our youngest so will be attending school in Brighton so if anyone out there can HELP us I would be more than grateful

Regards Dell xxx
Hi Dell,

You could try looking on the following:

www.melbourne.gumtree.com.au/
www.melbourne.stays.com.au/
www.melbourneexchange.com.au/

Also some of the real estate sites such as www.realestate.com.au/ have rental properties.

If you have no luck with any of them give me a shout and I'll see what else I have...

Good luck
Suzi
Good luck with it!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

dellinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Suzi

I have ttried Realestate you never get a reply from them bloody hopeless
Ill give the other sites a wizz cheers again I'll let you know how I get on

Dell

Originally Posted by suzimc
Hi Dell,

You could try looking on the following:

www.melbourne.gumtree.com.au/
www.melbourne.stays.com.au/
www.melbourneexchange.com.au/

Also some of the real estate sites such as www.realestate.com.au/ have rental properties.

If you have no luck with any of them give me a shout and I'll see what else I have...

Good luck
Suzi
Good luck with it!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

You will find it almost impossible to book accomodation in a rental for 6 months from the UK and to be honest I wouldn't do it until you have checked them out yourself.
Best bet is to book an hotel or an appartment for a few weeks & give yourself time to look at some of the rentals first before commiting to a six month lease.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:02 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You will find it almost impossible to book accomodation in a rental for 6 months from the UK and to be honest I wouldn't do it until you have checked them out yourself.
Best bet is to book an hotel or an appartment for a few weeks & give yourself time to look at some of the rentals first before commiting to a six month lease.
Agree with this as well.

Coming over in November is also the start of the busiest season. The reason they will not entertain you is if you muck them around they have lost potential renters during this busy time of the year.

It should not take too long to find suitable accomodation just ensure you have
Car
Mobile phone
Melways
Pre partially completed agent application forms
Copies all relevant references

There are a few people down near Brighton and Beaumaris infact someone on here has kids at Brighton school - just cant remember their name.

Kiwi
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Sounds like good advice to me. Although if you want to have a snoop at how much you should expect to pay/what sort of housing to expect etc before you go then the sites I mentioned should give you a good road in.