Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

looking for a place to stay in Melbourne

looking for a place to stay in Melbourne

Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default looking for a place to stay in Melbourne

i to you all we are looking for a place to stay in Melbourne for a week or so just to find our feet we are going on the 6 th July :scared: and we would love to hear your recommendations.and advice.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:50 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for a place to stay in Melbourne

OMG!

Just wanted to say good luck!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
OMG!

Just wanted to say good luck!
thank you we may need it
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

muzza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by robert cowan
thank you we may need it
I've stayed here a couple of times www.manorhouse.com. Great location, good rates and excellent service...
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:57 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

i to you all we are looking for a place to stay in Melbourne for a week or so just to find our feet we are going on the 6 th July :scared: and we would love to hear your recommendations.and advice.
Yep, ditto Bridie's good luck sentiments!

Wow, you're cutting it a bit fine!

Hope all goes well for you.

D D
Old Jul 4th 2005, 4:51 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Do you have kids?????
If so St Kilda for Luna Park, beach etc.

Stu
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:02 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this website: http://www.cheaperthanhotels.com/

When I did my recce trip I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Flinders Lane and got a quote 40% cheaper from here than from the Holiday Inn website.

You're still looking at $100-140 a night for a hotel room, and that is the lowest price for somewhere in or close to the city.

Another option might be a furnished, short term let appartment, I stayed here for the first month I was in Melbourne and found it great, all newly decorated and tram stop right outside the door.

http://www.dinglepartners.com.au/fra...pertyID=191745
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Try this website: http://www.cheaperthanhotels.com/

When I did my recce trip I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Flinders Lane and got a quote 40% cheaper from here than from the Holiday Inn website.

You're still looking at $100-140 a night for a hotel room, and that is the lowest price for somewhere in or close to the city.

Another option might be a furnished, short term let appartment, I stayed here for the first month I was in Melbourne and found it great, all newly decorated and tram stop right outside the door.

http://www.dinglepartners.com.au/fra...pertyID=191745

I didn't recognise you Paul
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

I have stayed at the Saville Suites and they are really nice. They are close to the city and the one on Exhibition St is right opposite the circle tram stop. You can book online and they do one and two bedroom apartments with full kitchen facilities, washing machine (Sorry only top loaders!!) and a dryer.The URL is http://www.savillesuites.com.au/

Have a great time.

Andrew
Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:34 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
I didn't recognise you Paul
Shhhh...you aint seen me....Right!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough

We stayed at Lifestyle apartments in Ferntree gully,would recommend it, was a well serviced apartment and a good base for south east subs.
http://www.wotif.com/Hotel.jsp?hotel=5127
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:42 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nessa
We stayed at Lifestyle apartments in Ferntree gully,would recommend it, was a well serviced apartment and a good base for south east subs.
http://www.wotif.com/Hotel.jsp?hotel=5127
And handy for the video shop.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bordy
And handy for the video shop.
We didn't need it we had foxtel! You were a complete gentleman on Saturday, sorry we didn't manage to speak - maybe next time??
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:09 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nessa
We didn't need it we had foxtel! You were a complete gentleman on Saturday, sorry we didn't manage to speak - maybe next time??

There goes my reputation.

Looking forward to next one, will probably be around end of August Nessa.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:26 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: looking for a place to stay in Melbourne

Robert Dont worry.
I am here in Melbourne. Just came about a day before. if you need help do mail me on [email protected].
I am not a consultant neither do I do a homestay busniess

All will sort out dont worry. Breath easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.