Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for payg oz sim card

Looking for payg oz sim card

Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Looking for payg oz sim card

Been to oz a few times and used vodaphone payg sim's,going in jan 2009 and looking to get myself another sim, as cant find the last ones i used,i probably keep this one safe and use it when i move there etc.
But can anyone tell me where online is the best and cheapest place to buy them within the uk,or who send to uk,i would like to have one before i go there.
Im sure i purchased my last ones for only a few quid.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for payg oz sim card

They are only $2 to buy here, do you not know anyone who can just post one to you?

Also try on eBay, they have un-used sim packs.

Mikey
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

looked on ebay but seem to be £8+,im sure i was half that a few years back.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
looked on ebay but seem to be £8+,im sure i was half that a few years back.
Yea 2$ Vodafone SIm and then you charge as you use it...pre paid essentially
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:17 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been to oz a few times and used vodaphone payg sim's,going in jan 2009 and looking to get myself another sim, as cant find the last ones i used,i probably keep this one safe and use it when i move there etc.
But can anyone tell me where online is the best and cheapest place to buy them within the uk,or who send to uk,i would like to have one before i go there.
Worst comes to worst you can pick them up at practically any petrol station, newsagent, airport, supermarket, tobacconist.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

You can either pick one up at a supermarket for $2 or you can buy one for $9.95 from a Vodafone shop and when you first recharge (with $30 or more, I think it is), you get that extra $10 back.

I've also seen Optus PAYG SIMs in DickSmith/PowerHouse for $3
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought purchasing even a payg sim card in Oz requires ID.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I think you need ID to actually activate it - you put the SIM in the phone, and then to activate it you need something like your passport details, nothing major.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:56 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

They display them next to the cigarettes etc and you just point and ask. I used to buy a new one every few weeks for the free credit.

To activate you just go on the website and type in the sim card number. Don't know if i can link here without getting in touble:

https://personal.optus.com.au/web/oc...&site=personal

Last edited by oliver1982; Oct 21st 2008 at 8:59 am.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:29 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://experimentalist.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=25
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

No, you can buy it at Woolworths even, no need for ID

Originally Posted by TillyG
I think you need ID to actually activate it - you put the SIM in the phone, and then to activate it you need something like your passport details, nothing major.
When you activate you have to talk to a robot and give your details with something like a drivers licence or passport number and address, I always make it up – including the name. Don’t worry, The robot won’t know.

Mikey
Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc

When you activate you have to talk to a robot and give your details with something like a drivers licence or passport number and address, I always make it up – including the name. Don’t worry, The robot won’t know.

Mikey
Last robot I spoke to was Chinese and couldn't understand a word I said
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Mikey
Mikey,
I wont give this advice on a forum. Essentially it's a lie. I would rather get it registered appropriately.

Now - not that I would nto do it but certainly would not put it out there as an advice....
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by E3only
Mikey,
I wont give this advice on a forum. Essentially it's a lie. I would rather get it registered appropriately.

Now - not that I would nto do it but certainly would not put it out there as an advice....
I did'nt put it as advice, I just advised what I do.

Mikey
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I did'nt put it as advice, I just advised what I do.

Mikey
Doggy bast*rd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.