Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking old - feeling young

Wikiposts

Looking old - feeling young

Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking old - feeling young

Da Boss and I took our first sample of the nightlife over the xmas taking a tour of 4 clubs in Cairns.

We were by ourselves which is usually the case as we have a passion for dance, trance and hard house type stuff and not a lot of people our age are into this type of music.

Anyway during the evening I have to take a leak and whilst in the gents a youthful Aus lad says "Hey mate, out to pick up a bit of young stuff ?"

I says "Yes, and I got one already. She just happens to answer to the name of wife".

Laughs all around and the guy insists on shaking my....hand.

Wonder if he saw us together and thought Da Boss was that much younger looking than me....or just that I looked old.
Quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

We may be older but we can dance the asses off most of these young whippersnappers.

While we were there a lady took our photo which appeared on the internet. Sort of a night on the town theme site.

Here it is........
Attached Thumbnails Looking old - feeling young-sporties.jpg  
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking old - feeling young

Originally Posted by Bix
Da Boss and I took our first sample of the nightlife over the xmas taking a tour of 4 clubs in Cairns.

We were by ourselves which is usually the case as we have a passion for dance, trance and hard house type stuff and not a lot of people our age are into this type of music.

Anyway during the evening I have to take a leak and whilst in the gents a youthful Aus lad says "Hey mate, out to pick up a bit of young stuff ?"

I says "Yes, and I got one already. She just happens to answer to the name of wife".

Wonder if he saw us together and thought Da Boss was that much younger looking than me....or just that I looked old.

We may be older but we can dance the asses off most of these young whippersnappers.

While we were there a lady took our photo which appeared on the internet. Sort of a night on the town theme site.

Here it is........
So, theres life in the old dog yet then??!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:03 am
Merlot

Go tiger, or should that be lion!!!

Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bix

Here it is........

You're not alone, me & mine are partial to a bit of Graham Gold, Cream, Ministry etc. More recently, the other half has been listening to Cafe Del Mar (Aria's in particular), I think he's after a more peaceful life now he's approaching the big four-o! (Don't like looking at the number, give's me the shivers).

Nice Pic, Bix, you both look well chilled.

Sandy
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Appearances are obviously deceptive. You don't "look" like a pervy poster
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Looking old - feeling young

Originally Posted by Bix

Here it is........
You didn't seem to be wearing a wedding ring that night - maybe the young guy noticed this too??
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:46 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Bit of each probably But you're quite right not to give a damn.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 9:07 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bix - I wouldn't worry. I don't think it is because you look old - just that in the pic you look a lot older than your daughter .......

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jan 27th 2005, 9:31 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Im young but Im feeling old
Old Jan 27th 2005, 9:38 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Hey Bix - I wouldn't worry. I don't think it is because you look old - just that in the pic you look a lot older than your daughter .......

Cheers,

DagBoy
Very funny

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:58 pm
Banned

E=mc2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix

I hope he washed them first. How did you find the scene up there in Cairns? The Brisbane scene is seriously lacking a bit of class.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E=mc2
I hope he washed them first. How did you find the scene up there in Cairns? The Brisbane scene is seriously lacking a bit of class.
Very varied which I guess caters for more of the masses.
Sporties is the best "dance" club we found so far but still have to check out a
couple more yet.

We were very dissappointed to learn we missed both Judge Jules and the Warp Brothers over the xmas.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

In general I have to say the witty and sarcastic comments posted on this thread were what I expected.

I have tried to post some reality of our existence here in Cairns and all you do is take the piss

It's exactly why I love this forum so much
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:47 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

Here it is........
Awww Bix I always thought you had a long mane of hair

You're not alone though as hubbie is a serious old time raver and after finding all his old tapes the other day he can still give it some even though he is 9 years older than me and he's starting to look a bit like Victor Meldrew he still loves all that scene especially with such a goregous young sexy babe on his arm (then he comes home to me )

He has been trying to get the kids into the music and I have to say our 3 year old has got some of the dancing down to a fine art now

Sasha