Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for new friends in Perth!

Looking for new friends in Perth!

Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Holley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for new friends in Perth!

Hi

My husband and I have just arrived in Perth, we are both 30 years old and feeling a little homesick after leaving all our friends and family behind! We love all outdoors activities and lots of good food and wine!

We'd love to hear from anyone else who is in a similar boat or has been through the journey already!

Lisa and Phil
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for new friends in Perth!

Originally Posted by Lisa Holley
Hi

My husband and I have just arrived in Perth, we are both 30 years old and feeling a little homesick after leaving all our friends and family behind! We love all outdoors activities and lots of good food and wine!

We'd love to hear from anyone else who is in a similar boat or has been through the journey already!

Lisa and Phil
Hi Lisa. Check out the King's Park thread here in the meet ups section. We're having a meet in September and would love to have you guys come out. Don't be shy, there will be lots of newcomers to this one.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

suzy 1 will become famous soon enoughsuzy 1 will become famous soon enough

Hi, im in shenton park-not far from you. Been here since feb working as a nurse, still hoping to meet new friends. If you fancy catching up let me know.
suzy (26) and Ellissa (3)
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:43 am
Just Joined

gt196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just down the road from you in Cottesloe should you ever fancy swinging by for a drink or 3 overlooking the beach... Been here since April and think I really should make more of an effort to get to know some more people, rather than just those I work with.
Feel free to drop me a pm or email if you want.
~G~
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We leave for Perth three weeks today, yikes! We are 33 and 34 with a little baby, Sophia in tow- she's only 7 months! Would love to meet up when we get there as we know nobody!

Karen x
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:31 am
Just Joined

gt196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good timing, the weather is just picking up (well the sun is out occasionally) at last
Fell free to drop me pm if you feel like it and I'll happily give you the benefit of my incredibly limited knowledge of the delights of Perth, Cottesloe and Fremantle

Cheers
~G~
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

helenphil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Lisa and Phil
Hya Lisa

My Name is Helen and am moving to perth the end of September with my partner Phil, would like to catch up when we arrive. My Partner has family here not so daunting for him.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Lisa and Phil
BTW, did you see on here that there is a meet at Kings Park on the 21st September, it looks like lots of new arrivals are going to be there! We are planning to go too!

Kx
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Lisa Holley is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting for those of you just about to arrive - your going to love it!

Phil and I are going to the meet at Kings Park on 21st so we will definately meet you there and I'll PM those of you already here to meet up sooner!!

Lisa