Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking to move from Adelaide

Looking to move from Adelaide

Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Looking to move from Adelaide

As the tile says we are looking into moving from Adelaide, been here nearly 2 years and not really settled so instead of heading back to the UK we are looking at moving somewhere else in Australia.

We are thinking of trying Queensland, have no idea where yet so really after peoples thoughts who live there.

Its just me and hubby (he is an Air Con techinican) and I am an office manager. We both like the beach, need a bit of a night life and obviously will still need to work.

So any feedback into areas we should be looking at would be gratefully recieved.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:01 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking to move from Adelaide

Chin up though, every state is different.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:07 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
As the tile says we are looking into moving from Adelaide, been here nearly 2 years and not really settled so instead of heading back to the UK we are looking at moving somewhere else in Australia.

We are thinking of trying Queensland, have no idea where yet so really after peoples thoughts who live there.

Its just me and hubby (he is an Air Con techinican) and I am an office manager. We both like the beach, need a bit of a night life and obviously will still need to work.

So any feedback into areas we should be looking at would be gratefully recieved.
l guess if you like beaches and night life the gold coast sounds like a good spot.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

We have just made the move from adelaide to the Gold Coast.
We were in adelaide for 4 and a half years and after wanting to make the move for so long we have finally managed it.
If you can make the move now then do it. It is so much better here and I know of two sets of friends that have also made the move as well as hearing of others too.
Adelaide has never been for us, although it is better than where we came from.

You have come this far go on, what's another few thousand k?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunnyj
We have just made the move from adelaide to the Gold Coast.
We were in adelaide for 4 and a half years and after wanting to make the move for so long we have finally managed it.
If you can make the move now then do it. It is so much better here and I know of two sets of friends that have also made the move as well as hearing of others too.
Adelaide has never been for us, although it is better than where we came from.

You have come this far go on, what's another few thousand k?
Thats excactly what we have said we have made the biggest move, where abouts on the Gold Coast are you, and what is the work situation like
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:41 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

We came from Adelaide (Seaview Downs) to the Gold Coast (near Pacific Pines) nearly 4 years ago after already spending 2 in Adelaide. Initially I was more homesick for Adelaide and my friends there than I ever was for the U.K (and that's really saying something)

I now love the place and consider it my home.

You can live in so many 'feels' of location and still be within an easy commute of night life and possible job locations.....roads and general infastructure are much better here. Would you prefer new build in new area or older home on bigger block with established trees etc...or a unit maybe?? Learn from experience, rent/holiday park for a while and get a feel for the place before getting in too deep.

It feels more like I imagined Australia to be here.

Good Luck
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:32 am
Just Joined

gmen30 is an unknown quantity at this point

well we did the move down, we went from the gold coast to tas. we love it hear after 4 years on the coast that was enough for us! it really depends what you want as you know everywhere is so different but you can find what right for you and your family!

good luck with what you choose
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

Hi, Ozzy we are near Pacific Pines too. The other half has only just starting to look for work as he had to wait for his tools to come and get his licence changed over. He is a chippy. It has to be better than adelaide for work because he was in and out of work for the time we were there.