Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a more comfortable flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane

Looking for a more comfortable flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane

Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Looking for a more comfortable flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane

I am about to move to Brisbane and dread the thought of the 8h40m flight in economy. I prefer to fly with Qantas over Cathay Pacific. Singapore Airlines would be great other than the stop and wait. Others are similarly bad. I've looked at business class prices and frankly they scare me. What can I do to make my journey more comfortable?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:38 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a more comfortable flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane

Fly Malaysian which has a 34" pitch rather than 32". About as good as your gonna get if your flying economy. Of course that would mean changing in KL...
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

And the 15 hour stop over!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
I am about to move to Brisbane and dread the thought of the 8h40m flight in economy. I prefer to fly with Qantas over Cathay Pacific. Singapore Airlines would be great other than the stop and wait. Others are similarly bad. I've looked at business class prices and frankly they scare me. What can I do to make my journey more comfortable?
Buy a boat?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I wouldn't call that comfortable
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't call that comfortable
Depends on the boat I guess!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

And the company!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:13 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any particular reason you would choose Qantas as opposed to Cathay Pacific?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Frequent Flyer membership.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:27 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Frequent Flyer membership.
You still get your points with Cathay pacific though don't you? I know I did.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

You are right ofcourse but do you know if the earn rate is the same?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:57 am
'In limboland'

You are right ofcourse but do you know if the earn rate is the same?
I honestly can't remember as it was in 2004, but it wasn't far off if not the full quota. Phone Cathay Pacific and they will be able to tell you, or look on ......
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/welcome
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I looked there but came up with little. I will ring CX next week and try to get more info. Thanks very much for the insight.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

My dad rocks up to check in in a suit and asks if he can have a free upgrade, sometimes it works.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I honestly can't remember as it was in 2004, but it wasn't far off if not the full quota.
I have been researching return prices on various airlines including QF and CX and CX is the most expensive. I would rather pay less so am concentrating on QF or KE for now. KE is way cheaper than QF but does not have individual video screens in economy and no notebook power supplies for the Seoul - Brisbane (longest) part of my flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.