Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a little help.

Looking for a little help.

Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

urbancarrot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a little help.

I have read some of the posts on the forum and there seems like a lot of people who have quite a lot of knowledge about migrating to OZ

My question is how do I start?? I have looked on several websites now and it looks like am going down the sponsoring route as have family already in Perth but am really stuck to how I just get going etc.. Any help or just pointed in the right direction would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for a little help.

Originally Posted by urbancarrot
I have read some of the posts on the forum and there seems like a lot of people who have quite a lot of knowledge about migrating to OZ

My question is how do I start?? I have looked on several websites now and it looks like am going down the sponsoring route as have family already in Perth but am really stuck to how I just get going etc.. Any help or just pointed in the right direction would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like you may be looking at a skilled australian-sponsored visa subclass 138 (like me!). Check out booklet 6 on the DIMA website www.immi.gov.au and also try posting on the immigration forum here on expats (go to Discussion Forums at the top and scroll down to australian immigration) for specific questions after that. Good luck!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

urbancarrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happymum
Looks like you may be looking at a skilled australian-sponsored visa subclass 138 (like me!). Check out booklet 6 on the DIMA website www.immi.gov.au and also try posting on the immigration forum here on expats (go to Discussion Forums at the top and scroll down to australian immigration) for specific questions after that. Good luck!
Thanks for your help.. Told you I didn't know what or where to start didn't I?

I will post it in that forum and try to collate as much info as possible. thanks for your help by the way.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:46 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbancarrot

Thanks in advance.
Ok the family sponsored visas are skilled visas so first thing is to get your trade assessed. To be able to apply down a skilled visa pathway you have to have an occupation on the SOL so check here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf and also the MODL contains a certain number of really wanted occupations so check here http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm as well. It is worth reading the skilled migration booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf. Finally if you are really unsure, consult an agent – we used George Lombard http://www.austimmigration.com.au

Best of luck!!!

Claire

X

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Feb 28th 2006 at 5:50 pm.