Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

looking for job as painter/decorator

looking for job as painter/decorator

Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:25 pm
maggy

Default looking for job as painter/decorator

We are hoping to arrive in Oz Perth early May this year and my partner is hoping to get a job as a painter and decorator. Does anyone have any tips on where best to look for this type of job and should he register with an agency. I would also appreciate advice on where to settle. We initially thought about Perth City as i dont drive and we felt it would be easier for me to get around on public transport and the fact that we will have lots to sort out when we arrive Bank Accounts, Tax File no. etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for job as painter/decorator

The West Australian Newspaper is the best place to look I have seen jobs for painter/decs in there quite regularily (not tonight though).
Walking around sites and asking is the most rewarding though I have found.

Originally posted by maggy
We are hoping to arrive in Oz Perth early May this year and my partner is hoping to get a job as a painter and decorator. Does anyone have any tips on where best to look for this type of job and should he register with an agency. I would also appreciate advice on where to settle. We initially thought about Perth City as i dont drive and we felt it would be easier for me to get around on public transport and the fact that we will have lots to sort out when we arrive Bank Accounts, Tax File no. etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Any idea as to the weekly wage of a painter and decorator in Perth and surrounding areas
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Any idea as to the weekly wage of a painter and decorator in Perth and surrounding areas

We have been told that in Adelaide you are looking at around $20-$25 an hour.
Kevin also seems to think that it depends on if you have your own tools.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:50 pm
maggy

Default thanks

will keep checking websites thanks for your help

Mags