Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a House to Buy?

Looking for a House to Buy?

Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:54 am
Just Joined

shani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a House to Buy?

Hi All new ex pats. Have been here almost 8 years now!!! How time flys when you are having fun!!! Originally from London - with Hubby Mick and three kids.
I work at Ray White at Birkdale (Bayside) SE QLD - so I can give you all inside info before you get here!! My husband has an Air Conditioning Company. There are soooo many of us poms here at Bayside, anyone else coming!!!
Shani

Last edited by shani; Jul 20th 2007 at 7:12 am.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:26 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking for a House to Buy?

Hi Shani - we already here but might be in touch - we're looking to buy in Bayside and finding it difficult to work out where the good/bad areas are and problem areas like being too close to the wetlands if the drought ends etc.

Rebecca
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Looking for a House to Buy?

Hi Shani if you can finf me a house for around $300k it would be great.
Cheers Lorri

PS I am not holding my breathe.

Last edited by supersonic4; Jul 20th 2007 at 7:43 am.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:01 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Cheers Lorri

hi, a coochie resident!! how did you end up there! we spent our first month there when we arrived.
have you done pizza night at the resort yet?

Last edited by kporte; Jul 20th 2007 at 8:02 am. Reason: can't speel for tofee
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kporte
hi, a coochie resident!! how did you end up there! we spent our first month there when we arrived.
have you done pizza night at the resort yet?
Hi I used to live around the bay years ago so when we shifted here I saw this place for rent.sadly John doesn't like pizza,I know how could I marry him knowing that!
cheers lorri
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Hi Shani - we already here but might be in touch - we're looking to buy in Bayside and finding it difficult to work out where the good/bad areas are and problem areas like being too close to the wetlands if the drought ends etc.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca, Do you have kids? what type of house are you looking for? SOme areas like Thornlands are quite new and still full of midges and sand flies. The aussies are used to this but we arent and I can tell you - I'm still not used to them. There are some nice parts of Birkdale and Wellington Point, also little pockets of Capalaba are OK. Alex Hills neare to Wellington Point is good - but the other side is a little rough around the edges!!!! What suburb are you in now? And what do you want to spend? I'll keep a look out for you.

Shani
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by supersonic4
Cheers Lorri

You may be lucky in the Thorneside area - have one at the moment on the market at $359,000 negotiable - needs a bit of work - but these cheapies do come up now and then. Shani
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

want 2 be there is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, quite new to this but finding lots to read, laugh about and ask.

Got our PR visas and fly out for good 3rd October, have family in Sydney but i liked Brisbane and other spots on the east coast on previous visits, still undecided on where we're going to settle as it depends where OH can get work, replying to you as you mention your OH is in Air Con that's what mine does, he's self employed here and just sub contracts for a few companies mainly on big stuff so any advice to do with work would be appreciated,

I finished work today so my main task over the next few months is to find out about jobs, work licenses, homes, schools etc. before we get there!!!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shani
You may be lucky in the Thorneside area - have one at the moment on the market at $359,000 negotiable - needs a bit of work - but these cheapies do come up now and then. Shani
cheapies!!!! I hear you say cheapies....

$359k is around 6 times the average wage of someone living in the bayside.

I dont see anything cheap about the housing in Bayside for you appear to get.

and there isnt excatly alot of industry or business parks around there either....
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:58 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

We will be looking for a rental, have sent you a pm Shani.

Jackie x