Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

davidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the rough
Default Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Hey Everyone,

My name is David, and my wife and I have been over in Oz since September.

After getting settled and having moved into our house in January i am now looking to get back into playing golf.....Been looking to join a Club maybe Nambour but was seeing if anyone was up for playing?

I'm 25 and have only really been plaing golf for a couple of years but i'm looking to get right into it and try and impove my game.

Anyone interested message back

Cheers for reading my message!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 1st 2009 at 9:13 am. Reason: I've removed your mobile number to protect your privacy
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:26 am
Just Joined

amanda33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Hi David,
We came over in August 08 and live in Caloundra, my husband loves playing golf. He has played at Twin Waters Golf club with a lovely,friendly English guy we met here, he goes once every 3 weeks in the morning before he does his late shift.You would be very welcome to go with them for this, he has also played at Nambour Golf Club a couple of times too, which he liked, particularly seeing the wild kangaroos on the course!He is at work at the moment but I will ask him if he would like to meet up with you for a game or two. He's very friendly too!

Amanda
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

davidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Originally Posted by amanda33
Hi David,
We came over in August 08 and live in Caloundra, my husband loves playing golf. He has played at Twin Waters Golf club with a lovely,friendly English guy we met here, he goes once every 3 weeks in the morning before he does his late shift.You would be very welcome to go with them for this, he has also played at Nambour Golf Club a couple of times too, which he liked, particularly seeing the wild kangaroos on the course!He is at work at the moment but I will ask him if he would like to meet up with you for a game or two. He's very friendly too!

Amanda
Hey Amanda,

Thanks for replying to my message.

That would be great if you could ask him for me! Look forward to hear back from you!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidleonard1983
Hey Everyone,

My name is David, and my wife and I have been over in Oz since September.

After getting settled and having moved into our house in January i am now looking to get back into playing golf.....Been looking to join a Club maybe Nambour but was seeing if anyone was up for playing?

I'm 25 and have only really been plaing golf for a couple of years but i'm looking to get right into it and try and impove my game.

Anyone interested message back<<edited>>,

Cheers for reading my message!!!
Mate get a mod to remove your phone number,only put your phone number on PM,

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 1st 2009 at 9:13 am. Reason: editimng quote!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAP01

Mate get a mod to remove your phone number,only put your phone number on PM,
Fixed
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi David,

Amanda
Hi Amanda could you please ask your hubby what he thought of Twin Waters as we're up thataway soon
Many thanx
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Hi Amanda could you please ask your hubby what he thought of Twin Waters as we're up thataway soon
Many thanx
Hi Bobbyftm,
Are you going to live in Twin Waters area?I asked him and he says its a great golf course but its expensive- $140 a round!!If you like you could all meet up and have a pom game together!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Looking for Golf Buddies on the Sunshine Coast!

Hi Bobbyftm
I dont know what I'm doing wrong but I have replied once to your post already but when I submitted it,it disappeared!Anyway, I asked him and he said Twin Waters is very nice, but expensive, its $140 a round! You could all meet up at same time and have a pommie round together!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Hi Bobbyftm
I dont know what I'm doing wrong but I have replied once to your post already but when I submitted it,it disappeared!Anyway, I asked him and he said Twin Waters is very nice, but expensive, its $140 a round! You could all meet up at same time and have a pommie round together!
oops,seen where I went wrong now, my posts were hidden at bottom of page d'oh!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bobbyftm,
Are you going to live in Twin Waters area?I asked him and he says its a great golf course but its expensive- $140 a round!!If you like you could all meet up and have a pom game together!
No Amanda, we're just coming up for 3 nights over May bank holiday for a birthday celebration and are all staying at Twin Waters We've got a game booked for four on Sat & Sun
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Ah right! Well have a great time, and watch out for the kangaroos, they are on this course too!Bring your camera because you can get close to them
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah right! Well have a great time, and watch out for the kangaroos, they are on this course too!Bring your camera because you can get close to them
Fortunately i'm playing with 3 other kangaroos so they should all get on very well together