Reload this Page >

Looking for fellow wrinklies in Oz

Looking for fellow wrinklies in Oz

Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Wrinkly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for fellow wrinklies in Oz

Hi everyone.
Would like to get in touch with anyone who has emigrated to Australia when over the age of 60.
Thanks.
Wrinkly
Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for fellow wrinklies in Oz

Not over 60 myself. But my parents emigrated at the ages of 68 and 73 respectively. They're very happy. I suggest you post in the main part of the Australia forum and you'll get more responses.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wrinkly
Hi everyone.
Would like to get in touch with anyone who has emigrated to Australia when over the age of 60.
Thanks.
Wrinkly
Hi and welcome to BE.

I see you've already found your way into our Australia forum...hopefully there will be someone there who can answer your question.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you. I thought I had posted the message in the Australian Forum.
Can't work out how to do it...must be my age!

Wrinkly
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I thought I had posted the message in the Australian Forum.
Can't work out how to do it...must be my age!

Wrinkly
I'll move it for you.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.
Thanks.
Wrinkly
Where specifically were you looking? We have a couple of friends who have emigrated as retirees in Perth's northern suburbs.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you Dorothy. I am learning my way around.

I would like to contact other women who came to Australia over the age of
sixty because I am interested in their reasons for coming here. I am not a retiree, but am in the unusual position of accompanying my husband (an Italian) to Australia, because he was invited to teach here. I would love to know if there is anyone else of my age who has moved to Australia recently.

I live in New South Wales, but am interested in all other women no matter where they live.

Many thanks again.

Wrinkly
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:03 am
Still alive

Well, our friend Pete came because he always wanted to live in Australia. He was 58 when he came over on a retirement visa. When he met his partner 5 years before they emigrated he told her he was moving to Australia and if she wanted to come that was great but if she was not interested in moving she should reconsider whether she wanted to become involved with him. She was 60, retired and happy to come with him and so they applied together.

They've been here 5 years now and would never consider moving back. She doesn't have internet at home, but next time they're over I'll get her to send you a message.

You might also find women your age at the British clubs or if you're not from UK you could look for a local club for your nationality. I'm Canadian but have recently been invited to join the Perth chapter of the American club since the Canadian club doesn't do much here.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Many thanks, would love to chat to her.
Wrinkly