Reload this Page >

Look wots on telly.

Wikiposts

Look wots on telly.

Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Look wots on telly.

Anyone got Austar, There is one of those "Get a new life" shows on Lifestyle channel, and the destination is you guessed it OZ, QLD I think.

As my usual friday night Thai/Haathi/ or Pub are all closed think I might watch it, I hope its that series we watched in London at Xmas, such a laugh nice bottle of red and a good giggle at the erm "facts" on OZ

8.30 if anyones as bored as I am.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ARGGHH!!!! Wanna watch it!!!
But guess what - The Bloke is hooked on a "The Bill" marathon.... so I am watching the grey skies of London instead of the blue skies of Queensland! Can you believe it!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:57 pm
Badge

I can well believe it. I used to live in South London and see them shooting.

Austar - that is like Foxtel, but further north, if I am right, yes?

BM

Old Apr 8th 2004, 11:44 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloke says Austar is satellite and Foxtel is cable. We have Foxtel here; when I used to visit Tassie my mate had Austar, so I think they are both national, and seem to have the same programmes much of the time.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:50 am
Badge

You really do learn something every day on this forum. Hadn't realised that at all!

Cheers

Badge

Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:58 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Good show. It was about a couple with kids who moved to Brisbane. The bloke wanted to start a fishing business but didn't know squat about how to do it. They had a fair amount of cash in the bank and they got in on a visa to start their business and had to make a minimum of 70,000 a year to keep it. First purchase was a boat, 160,000 quid, they knocked off 40,000 from the asking price. Then they moved into quite an expensive rental in what I think was Scarborough, with all those inlets and a private jetty (probably between $500-$600 a week) and then bought a plot of land to build a house. The bloke had no idea about marketing and the wife did all the calling and ringing around to get things rolling. Few arguments over that. He had problems with the boat and weather causing some cancellations for fishing daytrips, then the wife kicked in with a wig business. Selling hair to salons, she ended up starting a successfull national company, flying all over the place making a packet. One of the kids took up gymnastics and did well. The bloke did a lot of work, but it was really all in the wrong place. One up for the wife!
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:00 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

Foxtel does both cable and satellite. We have satellite TV, they're upgrading the whole system to digital. Which means we get a remote control with big red and green buttons. r0ck!
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Austar is the *regional* Foxtel service. Same sh*t, different bucket .

We have our digital, got installed a couple of weeks ago, I have to say its an improvement on normal foxtel. Now you can watch the same cr*p, and then watch it again 2 hrs later as well :scared: .

(actually I think its great, cos I usually miss any good stuff on in"primetime" because of the kids, so I can watch it later now, plus there are lots of other channels )
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:20 am
Home and Happy

I miss the good stuff on at primetime as well cos theres always something about war on the History Channel or the pigging V8s on Fox Sports - won't show us the Grand Prix until its over and you've heard the result, but mutter the word "V8" and Australia (except probably Mrs D) is riveted to its TV sets!

I can honestly say that one thing I've got out of this move is the ability to go for a whole week without watching TV at all!
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:24 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
but mutter the word "V8" and Australia (except probably Mrs D) is riveted to its TV sets!
You got that right! Id rather poke my eyes out with hot needles than watch motor racing on TV. Or soccer

You could come over here & live with me Polly - um hold on, with that lineup on tv I dont think that Dagboy would be very happy living with the Bloke, maybe we had better just stay where we are .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Apr 9th 2004 at 1:26 am.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:34 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
You could come over here & live with me Polly - um hold on, with that lineup on tv I dont think that Dagboy would be very happy living with the Bloke, maybe we had better just stay where we are .
Bloody Oath! I would consider watching a Grand Prix on telly, but I wouldn't cancel a Tupperware party for it
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:34 am
Home and Happy

LOL Mrs D & even more LOL Dagboy

The worst thing is that he is always convinced he's missing something on one of the other 85 channels, so he surfs constantly! Hence as soon as I start watching something, like Get a New Life, I blink and when I open my eyes again its become the Simpsons, blink again and its Hogan's Flaming Heroes! Drives me nuts, so i'm learning to tune it out altogether and just not watch anything.
Is it a bloke thing, or do some girlies surf too????
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:43 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Pollyana
LOL Mrs D & even more LOL Dagboy

The worst thing is that he is always convinced he's missing something on one of the other 85 channels, so he surfs constantly! Hence as soon as I start watching something, like Get a New Life, I blink and when I open my eyes again its become the Simpsons, blink again and its Hogan's Flaming Heroes! Drives me nuts, so i'm learning to tune it out altogether and just not watch anything.
Is it a bloke thing, or do some girlies surf too????
*shudder* I cant stand the channel surfing stuff, Im one of those people that if I miss 2 mins of a show I cant be bothered watching the rest anyway. Short attention span. Channel surfing would drive me to purchase a chainsaw, probably for use on him rather than the television .

You know how to fix it - dont let him have the remote!
Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:46 am
Badge

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Austar is the *regional* Foxtel service. Same sh*t, different bucket .
[/qoute]

OK so I was right - I saw Austar in a small town in NSW. Why is it different I wonder. same system, same delivery!!??

Such a big country there has to be different delivery systems in place I guess

BM

Old Apr 10th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Bloody Foxtel/Austar can be total pains.

We had Foxtel down in NSW, but when we moved up to the Gold Coast (Oxenford), and tried to change address, Foxtel told us it was an Austar area and we couldnt have it, and could we please send them the $200 we owed then for breach of contract, since we had only been signed up with them for 14 months.

This nice little earner for Foxtel was apparently as a result of federal legislation to give the consumer a better choice (my a**e!).

I have now moved perhaps 5 km, to the other side of the Pacific Highway (Helensvale), only to find we can have either Foxtel (by cable) or Austar.

This is a real gutter, since if we had Foxtel by cable, we would also bet all the free-to-air channels, which in Helensvale (being a TV blackspot) is almost a must. Instead, we are now stuck with Austar for the next 18 months, unless of course we want to shell out another $200 for breaching our contract.

Come back NTL, all is forgiven!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.