Reload this Page >

Look what we found last weekend

Look what we found last weekend

Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:07 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Look what we found last weekend

Originally Posted by renth
Look what we found last weekend when we had a day out to Mount Dale....
i was wondering where the mother in law had got to!!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:11 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's true!

I've read accounts of this happening in India with King Cobras which are the largest venomous snakes in the world with fangs to match! If a car isn't doing a zillion miles an hour on a decent road, but instead is bumping along a dirt track and goes over the tail of a six foot king cobra.......well I think you see my point.

Poisonous snakes can strike with incredible speed and they usually do it istinctively. I'm guessing they come off second best taking on a car but that doesn't stop them!
There was a program on last night with a south african guy called Austin Stevens, it was called "on the trail of the King Cobra" when he eventually found one it was 14ft long :scared: he then touched this snake on the top of the head!! the man is a mentalist!!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
sorry tony about my cynisism , the old cars in INDIA morris minors etc I would beleive ,this them having canvas side walls , the king cobra being the largest venomous snake in the world , would probably penetrate these, todays tyres with there steel side walls ,no way........................ mm
No worries!

I thought, yeah right, myself when I first heard it until I it read in, I think, BBC Wildlife magazine. Having seen film of these monsters I could believe they'd go through practically anything!

I love snakes, but this is one species I would be genuinely very scared to approach. They may not be as poisonous as Aussie Taipans and Fierce Snakes, but they're a whole lot meaner......
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
There was a program on last night with a south african guy called Austin Stevens, it was called "on the trail of the King Cobra" when he eventually found one it was 14ft long :scared: he then touched this snake on the top of the head!! the man is a mentalist!!
I don't think even Steve Irwin would be mad enough to do that!