Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)

Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)

Old Aug 16th 2003, 2:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)

Just days after my daughter was stung by one of these, guess what fell out of my pants as I was putting them on this morning...

You guessed it - a white tailed spider.

I was seconds away from getting necrosis of the knob!

here is the bugger...
Attached Thumbnails Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)-spider.jpg  
Old Aug 16th 2003, 6:21 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Take cae - get in the fumigators.

At least your posts may get my husband to start to be more tidy - he doesn't want any spider bites when we -eventually - get to Sydney.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)

Jesus !!! How long do you reckon it had been in there? of course men always put there clothes neatly in a pile at the end of the bed..... DONT THEY?
Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:11 am
NZ donkey

oz-nz donkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Just days after my daughter was stung by one of these, guess what fell out of my pants as I was putting them on this morning...

here is the bugger...

I got stung by a scorpion earlier in the year, I wonder what that would have been like if that had been in your underpants!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
Jesus !!! How long do you reckon it had been in there? of course men always put there clothes neatly in a pile at the end of the bed..... DONT THEY?
These were straight out of my "smalls" drawer, not a heap on the floor.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Was it alive when it fell out or already dead? Now you have another reason not to wear pants!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

were there any brown marks in the pants when you took 'em off!!!!! I maybe a bit divvy, but wheres its white tail?
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:30 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by h garrett
were there any brown marks in the pants when you took 'em off!!!!! I maybe a bit divvy, but wheres its white tail?
The white tail is actually a tiny little white tip to the black abdomen
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:32 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by renth

here is the bugger...
Renth....try this link....got a bit about controlling white tails.

http://www.amonline.net.au/spiders/r...al.htm#control
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

posted by PeteY [/i]
The white tail is actually a tiny little white tip to the black abdomen

Thanks Pete, i'll take your word for it, don't like looking too closely at it! ( i mean the spider) Looks like dangerous things come in small packages
:scared:
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:35 pm
A Male Member

Garrett.....you can see tha tail on this one :
Attached Thumbnails Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)-white_tailed_spider.jpg  
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:37 pm
A Male Member

Another thing Renth, that you should find comforting about your daughters bite....

Have a look at this link, expecially the last paragraph :

http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheet...led_spider.htm

A debate continues about the involvement of White-tailed Spider bite in cases of severe ulcerative skin lesions seen in patients diagnosed as probable spider bite victims. Typically, in such cases no direct evidence of spider bite is available. Sensational media reporting of supposed cases of severe "necrotising arachnidism" has given the White-tailed Spider a bad reputation. However, a recent study has monitored the medical outcomes of 100 verified White-tailed Spider bites and found not a single case of ulceration (confirming the results of an earlier study). The available evidence suggests that skin ulceration is not a common outcome of White-tailed Spider bite.
Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Cheers Pete. I woke up at 4.30am this morning (after only being in bed for 2 hours ) having a horrific nightmare i was being chased and hunted down by hundreds of black spiders:scared: Couldn't get back to sleep, i was just going to get an early one, but i feel a bit unsettled again now THANKS
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:43 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by h garrett
Cheers Pete. I woke up at 4.30am this morning (after only being in bed for 2 hours ) having a horrific nightmare i was being chased and hunted down by hundreds of black spiders:scared: Couldn't get back to sleep, i was just going to get an early one, but i feel a bit unsettled again now THANKS
LOL !!

Sorry

Might make you feel a touch better knowing that they don't get very big?? You generally would'nt see too many either.

Seriously, you can't worry too much bout the various beasties in oz. You WILL see them, but if you are careful you won't get bitten.

Hopefully...this will help your zeds
Attached Thumbnails Look what fell out of my pants! (a spider)-rabbit_animated_bounce.gif  
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

LOL, thanks Pete, but i thought it was ment to be sheep (no i'm not welsh )

heres to

Ps i closed me eyes to scroll past the pic, really! ( it aint Oz beasties, its just spiders, hate 'em!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.