Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Look what came to visit me in my garden yesterday!!!!

Look what came to visit me in my garden yesterday!!!!

Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look what came to visit me in my garden yesterday!!!!

Originally Posted by Rudi
Am I a tree??!!!
Only if you stand still apparently
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Only if you stand still apparently
LOL

Now going back to the original question - I am assuming you are asking what sort of tree the thing is on...... I am not sure, but it's a pine tree of some sort - maybe a Majestic Pine? That particular tree is around 15-20m tall.

R
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:03 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Now going back to the original question - I am assuming you are asking what sort of tree the thing is on...... I am not sure, but it's a pine tree of some sort - maybe a Majestic Pine? That particular tree is around 15-20m tall.

R
x
Mmmm no
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm no

I'll just shut up then!!!!

R
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:05 am
FREE TIBET

I'll just shut up then!!!!

R
x
Oh look mummy a talking tree
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh look mummy a talking tree
SH*T ***** B*LL*CKS CR*P

Now look what you made be go and do!!! I've burned the kids dinner!! :curse:

Maybe I'd be better off as a tree than a mummy

R
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:47 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

I was in the garden yesterday and the dog was barking - nothing unusual about that!!! However, usually she barks at the chooks, but she seemed to be looking UP rather than down as she barked. I looked to see what was bothering her and this is what I saw ..........I had to call my daughter on the phone inside to ask her to bring out a camera just in case it ran away!!!! It was around 1 metre 20cm long!!!
Your 'Goanna' looks cool

Got an idea they run like F%$k too ??

Dont fancy being a tree, when A Goanna is trying to mount you though

Top quality pictures aswell by the way

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Mar 18th 2009 at 3:51 am.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Your 'Goanna' looks cool

Got an idea they run like F%$k too ??

Dont fancy being a tree, when A Goanna is trying to mount you though

Top quality pictures aswell by the way

Dougie
I will tell my hubby you like his piks. Mine were not nearly so good!! The thingy was much higher in the tree when I took photos. It came down later and the sun was round a bit further and shining on the trees directly so he got some great shots.

R
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:02 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

You and your menageries! I should send the possum that came a visiting while I was on hol up to you! I am not impressed. Have you read my thread in the barbie?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:57 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Once, I came home from work to find a Goanna sitting on our lounge! I still don't know how it got there. Talk about lounge-lizards!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:47 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjo
Once, I came home from work to find a Goanna sitting on our lounge! I still don't know how it got there. Talk about lounge-lizards!
Living in rural NSW, perhaps you have an open fire and it came down the chimney just like the possum who left sooty footprints all over my lounge!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by binbird
You and your menageries! I should send the possum that came a visiting while I was on hol up to you! I am not impressed. Have you read my thread in the barbie?
LOL well talking of possums........I was soooo tired last night due to having slept very little the previous night due to the missing dog. So I was in a VERY deep sleep when his lordship woke me up......to tell me there was a very noisy possum on the roof. I was seriously unimpressed - why did I need to know this?! His response was that he was freaked out!!! WELL SO FLIPPIN WHAT!!! He's a bloke, he's supposed to not be scared of these things!!!!!! Anyway, the aforementioned possum was long gone by this time anyway and he fell asleep and left me staring into the darkness wide awake!!!! :curse: MEN!!!

I will go and read your thread in the Barbie.

Another friend just sent me this link..... http://www.lanerealty.com.au%2FpicGoanna.html the goanna is after my girls

Love

Rudi
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Living in rural NSW, perhaps you have an open fire and it came down the chimney just like the possum who left sooty footprints all over my lounge!

OH NO don't tell me that.....I have a chimney

R
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:04 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Perhaps that's what happened. Possums can be tricky little buggers - had a friend who had them get in while they were away and wee all over the place. Took ages to get the smell out.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:45 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by sjo
Perhaps that's what happened. Possums can be tricky little buggers - had a friend who had them get in while they were away and wee all over the place. Took ages to get the smell out.
That's exactly what happened to us - not a nice present to come back to when you have been away to celebrate your 40th birthday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.