Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

look out perth here we come

look out perth here we come

Old Feb 17th 2006, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

BANNERS AND THE MOUSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default look out perth here we come

Dawn and i received confirmation this week that we had both been offered jobs as Police Officers for Western Australia Police. We are both currently serving Police Officers in the UK. Having visited Australia last year we decided that we would like to come and live out there.
Fortunately for us WA Police began a recruiting campaign in september last year. We both applied on the first day, the rest is history.
We will both be starting in August hopefully, initially at the training centre in Joondalup and then straight out on the streets after that.
There have been mixed emotions within the families, i think everyone is genuinely happy for us though.
As this is a labour agreement with WA Police we get permenant residencey on day one. Everything seems to have happened really quickly.
There is going to be a documentary following the recruit and training procedure on TV. I presume it will be screened both in the UK and Oz, so you might get to see our mugs on there.
I'll update on the forum if anyone is interested??.

Chris and Dawn
Old Feb 17th 2006, 4:51 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: look out perth here we come

Originally Posted by BANNERS AND THE MOUSE
Dawn and i received confirmation this week that we had both been offered jobs as Police Officers for Western Australia Police. We are both currently serving Police Officers in the UK. Having visited Australia last year we decided that we would like to come and live out there.
Fortunately for us WA Police began a recruiting campaign in september last year. We both applied on the first day, the rest is history.
We will both be starting in August hopefully, initially at the training centre in Joondalup and then straight out on the streets after that.
There have been mixed emotions within the families, i think everyone is genuinely happy for us though.
As this is a labour agreement with WA Police we get permenant residencey on day one. Everything seems to have happened really quickly.
There is going to be a documentary following the recruit and training procedure on TV. I presume it will be screened both in the UK and Oz, so you might get to see our mugs on there.

Chris and Dawn

Congratulations

Do you turn the blind eye if you 'catch' one of the BE's!!!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Thats a fantastic way to realise your dream of emigrating to Australia. Straight off the plane into your established career choice. You must be over the moon, no worrying about employment when you get there etc.
Congratulations you lucky pair
Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Chris and Dawn

How fantastic, what a wonderful opportunity for you both.
See you in Perth - you might be one of those cops that hide in the bushes and zap my husband with a speed gun
Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Congratulations.....Good luck in your new life
Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:26 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Chris and Dawn

congrats to you both x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: UK to Crete, Back to UK and moved to Perth in March 2006 - yippee! Loving it!!!
adenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud ofadenray has much to be proud of

A big congratulations and well done to you both - it's a great feeling when it all goes to plan.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:47 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: look out perth here we come

Chris and Dawn
Congrats !!

Will look out for the program..

If and when I make it to Perth please dont arrest the tall man talking in an english accent and looking nervous..

I just didnt know where I was !!

Nick
Old Feb 17th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Chris and Dawn
Oh wow congratulations and let us know when the programme goes out
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

Jammy Bast***s

Seriously though, well done.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road

GET A NEW LIFE!!!!!!!

DEB XXXX
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:36 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Chris and Dawn
Congratulations! That's great news. I know someone who's a policeman in Perth, you never know, you may meet him when you get over there.

Good luck with it all
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:55 pm
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Chris and Dawn
Huge congrats to both of you, I'd def be interested in you both keeping us all up to date!

C xxx
Old Feb 18th 2006, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Chris and Dawn
Congrats... I have a couple of mates at Joondalup Cop Shop....Have a great time in OZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.