Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Look Bix, a camel

Look Bix, a camel

Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about
Default Look Bix, a camel

Bix, hi ya. This is just for you.
Having mensioned Camel the other day i was inspired to drag through the old vinyl, i came across an album called Greasy Truckers, recorded live at Dingwalls in london 1973, side 1 is a 22 min track by Camel called GOD OF LIGHT, have you heard it, wow, brilliant all instumental, and typical of the Mirage era stuff, i had forgot i had this l.p. played this track 3 times, makes the hairs on my neck stand on end.{And wife leave the room}.
Long live the Hammond organ!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look Bix, a camel

Originally posted by carryon
Bix, hi ya. This is just for you.
Having mensioned Camel the other day i was inspired to drag through the old vinyl, i came across an album called Greasy Truckers, recorded live at Dingwalls in london 1973, side 1 is a 22 min track by Camel called GOD OF LIGHT, have you heard it, wow, brilliant all instumental, and typical of the Mirage era stuff, i had forgot i had this l.p. played this track 3 times, makes the hairs on my neck stand on end.{And wife leave the room}.
Long live the Hammond organ!!!!!!!!!!!
What can I say?
Now you got me crawling round the back of cupboards!
No - haven't got that one but just dug out Rain Dances I forgot I had.
Trouble is it's on tape and I aint got a tape player any more
Blimey - it only cost me 79 pence!
Hey - you must be as old as us!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

See, you should never get rid of the old tape players and record players, i've still got about 300 l.ps. no way could i replace them all with c.d. it would cost a bloody fortune.Imight not be that old, maybe i got into this music at a very early age!. or maybe i'm pushing the upper limit of the age for emigrating? Remember vinyl is on the way back in, so dig those old albums out................
Long live the Mellotron as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!